What do you do with your waste water?

I run mine into my 2 koi ponds and my holding tanks for koi in my basement. I never waste it.

Everything on my systen that can be removed and cleaned is put in a 10-1 bleach wash/soak. Filter socks, nets, tools, intakes, sand( I have three batches that continually rotate), pre filters, filter pads etc. Once I start making ro/di, whatever is ready gets rinsed off with a hose then goes in a bucket over my floor drain with the waste discharge tube. This gurantees me clean and refreshed equipment. I make 150 gal at a time so theres plenty of waste water to get rid of any residual bleach.

I bought a RO/DI unit that comes with a booster pump and only puts out about 1.25 gallons of wastewater for each gallon of pure water. The wastewater goes into a 32 gallon Brute trashcan on wheels that I can roll close to my top-loading washing machine. Soon, I will set up a large pump and tube to pump directly from the trashcan into the washer. Right now, I'm still loading the water with buckets.

For my 300 gallon system, I make RODI water in batches once a week. While I make water, I stick the waste water tube in the washing machine and do laundary. When all's said and done, no water goes to waste.

Russ

While I make water, I stick the waste water tube in the washing machine and do laundry. When all's said and done, no water goes to waste.

Russ

I do the same thing. My system volume is only around 53g though. I make water as I wash clothes throughout the week. My RO/DI is installed next to my washer, so as I make water the waste hose goes into the washer. I have had the privilege of overflowing my washer though:lmao:

I'm lucky enouph to live in portland Oregon, water is great here out of the tap, only 8 to 15 TDS out the tap so I dont use a RO membraine, I use a 5 stage filter, sedimant, carbon, 2 DI chambers and a phosphate chamber, no waste water for me :)

I make RODI water in batches once a week. While I make water, I stick the waste water tube in the washing machine and do laundry. When all's said and done, no water goes to waste.
Same here! We do a lot of laundry at our house.
I feel better that it's not being wasted down the drain

Right now mine goes to the drain. In the spring I intend to run it to a couple 55 gallon plastic drums. From there I have an old PCX40 I intend to control with a timer to water our flowers via some drip irrigation plumbing.

Back