what do you feed your anemones and clowns

mazdaghost

i have a pink tip and carpet anemones and 2-ocellaris clownfish.
i just want to see what other people feed them and times period of feeding them.

I feed my anemone silversides and, if I can find them, lancefish (not in years, unfortunately). My clownfish receive a variety of things, including dried macroalgae, spirulina flakes, mysid shrimp, formula one and 2, cyclopeeze and anything else I have on hand. This is in addition to natural foods they get in the tank. either way, I make sure that they get good amounts of algal matter in their diet.

Silversides are a small, elongated fish (with a silver streak on the side) that are commonly caught and frozen for use as fish food. For the bubble, I would try crustacean meat (like krill or shrimp) and maybe some silversides if it will accept them.

Yeah, i agree. I use silversides for my anemone and i feed my fish and clown a mix of mysis and brine shrimp (frozen) and flake food (formula one) and zyclopeeze.

We use shrimp and scallops for our bta and crispa. I just got some krill last week and they ate that very fast - I think they like it :) They're also welcome to any other food that gets put in the tank. We've tried silverfish with the crispa and it liked it, I just don't like breaking frozen fish apart ...yuck!

The clowns get prime reef, frozen mysis, frozen formula 1 (I think) and I toss spirulina flakes in but they and the flame angel totally ignore them :( We just got cyclopeeze too, and they acted like they were going after that too.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9302206#post9302206 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by raoul
We've tried silverfish with the crispa and it liked it, I just don't like breaking frozen fish apart ...yuck!

Yeah, it takes a little while to get used to it. I guess what accustomed me to the whole thing was due to the fact that was all that was available at our store for a while. It just stops grossing you out after so long.

I feed cyclopeeze and flake to the clowns. They're too small for anything else right now.
I don't have an anemone. 5 gal. hex. nano and all. most light I can get is 20 watt PC.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9302868#post9302868 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Amphiprion
Yeah, it takes a little while to get used to it. I guess what accustomed me to the whole thing was due to the fact that was all that was available at our store for a while. It just stops grossing you out after so long.

I'm so glad I have other options :) If my husband wants the nems to have silversides, then he does it, but I'm usually the one that feeds the nems - I think the anemones are my favorite things in my tanks.

i've only had my RBTA for alittle over a week, but it gets either silversides, or fresh pieces of raw shrimp, both soaked in zoecon and selcon. he really snatches up the shrimp.

Back