What do you know about ORA operations?

READ THE FIRST POST!!!!!

Really, is it that hard to find!!

"ORA will allow pre-arranged visits to our facility in Ft. Pierce, Florida. Please call in advance to make arrangements for any planned visit. We are located on the campus of Harbor Branch Oceanographic Institution, at the South Aquaculture Park.

I have seen the rejected mother colonies that ORA hand selected from Germany. They are huge! A buddy of mine bought a green birdsnest that was over twice the size of two basketballs.

They don't allow visitors anymore because of contamination purposes. Our club was supposed to have a tour their last year and we were denied after new management took over.

I hear their system grows corals out of the water because they are right on the water and pump fresh NSW right in. So much for aquacultured if it's true... who knows..?

-Matthew

and FAU kicked ORA off the 'campus' as it violates their non-profit status. they moved a few feet, so they're basically in the same spot, but they're now 'off-campus' and independent of FAU/Harborbranch oceanographic.

Well even if they did direct transfer it would still be aquaculture. But I believe that they use saltwater wells for water changes but I could be wrong.

I believe when the Harbor branch was sold to the University, that ORA was sold off to a pet company. I believe it is owned by Central Pet now. We used to do business with them. They are nice people, but now they have the corporate mentality and have forgotten their roots. Which was research and making enough money to keep themselves self sufficient.

Back