What do YOU want in a club

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6968500#post6968500 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by latazyo
ramtheory's idea about the new member w/ old member is a great idea

You might get some takers if you would change your sig I would not want a Chisled sawhorse running around my wife. :lol:

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6967745#post6967745 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Shooter7
could have nook and capncapo dance around in their assorted leopard print wear to even things out. :D

This is against forum rules. If this isnt flaming I dont know what is

;)

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6967753#post6967753 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by saltyunderground
Throw in a lap dance and you're on.

Now you guys are scaring me...

:eek1:

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6968844#post6968844 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by stlouisguy
This is against forum rules. If this isnt flaming I dont know what is

;)

:lol:

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6966087#post6966087 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by JxMetal

Be a little spontaneous

So you mean how about a road trip you coming along like next weekend? Meet up with some of our reef friends down in Cape I like that little shop with a couple of 120 reef tanks. Then stuff ourselves at Lamberts. I like the sound of that. What do you guys think. Couple of BBQ places down there as well.
:smokin:

keep them coming

I like the reef buddy idea since I am a newbie to the "Reef" part of saltwater.. I also like the idea of pizza night with a few of St. Louis own "Home Brew". I am also amazed by some of the tanks I have seen i.e. fade32 and his Bro's & Dads. Great stuff..

Arlo

Thats right by my house, well 30 miles south of me. I have purchased alot from that LFS. He's a great store owner very helpful and informative. There are a few others in Cape also. I would probably call him in advance to give him an oppurtunity to "stock-up" well before the visit. Sunny Hill has some nice stuff on occasion.

Why waste time at Lambert's much better places in Cape to eat......Texas Roadhouse or Logan's is really good...........now i'm hungry....:D

What do YOU want in a club

Keep em coming...we really need your input now so we can help form this thing with your desires in mind...except the wet t-shirt thing is probably not for this club.

dave:)

except the wet t-shirt thing is probably not for this club.

Hear that?..............................

That's the sound of wind going out of sails all over the St. Louis area.

:lol:

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6972001#post6972001 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Grace's Dad
I guess a PT's night won't happen either.

Not officially. ;)

I must addmit, some of these Ideas are right on target. I need not tell you how smart I am, As I am sure you all noted the name. With that in mind, I LOVE the idea of meeting at diffrent reefer's homes or at least the tour idea. And agree with the "not-so-formal idea. Let's keep it down to earth and just have fun. The frag contest sounds great! I like the Idea of the pairing up with the new-bie's too! I must proclaim that the March metting was great but no one was interducing anybody. Had it not been for prior meetings with Roy, Tony & Kathy I would have felt like a complete stranger.
Also I like the T-shirt Idea (not the wet part) but making S.L.A.S.H t-shirts for members to buy.
"Pizza Night" as its be coined is a great idea, but some of us work 10 to 16 hour days(me for one) and can't make week night gatherings. How about doing this on a weekend??
I'd like to be able to go to other reefer's homes to see there set-up in the works. How they plumbed it, the lighting that they use, there sumps design, there top-off set-ups ect.... I could use help plumbing mine as of now. It works but not great.
Tours could be set-up by gathering up at a LSF then splitting up into small groups and going to diffrent homes and then back to the LSF changing up each meeting so everyone gets to meet & see everyones tanks.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6971382#post6971382 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by ramtheory
So you mean how about a road trip you coming along like next weekend? Meet up with some of our reef friends down in Cape I like that little shop with a couple of 120 reef tanks. Then stuff ourselves at Lamberts. I like the sound of that. What do you guys think. Couple of BBQ places down there as well.
:smokin:

keep them coming

Now that's what I'm talking about. Too bad I got plans already.

Ok, I really hate what I'm about to suggest, honestly, but I see a benefit so... How 'bout we put on those stupid stupid name tags at first as we all meet up? I hate wearing them and always feel like it should say "my name is _____ and I ride bus 24" and my teachers name too, but... it solves the "who's who" problem. Not all the time certainly. Just a few times in the beginning?

In addition to that, the Board of Directors will make sure everyone is introduced properly before, during, and after the meetings/events. If you have a friend that has not met as many people as you, take them around and get aquainted.

Im still waiting to meet Tattoo, any time now......

Back