What do YOU want in a club

Kent you keep wearing that perfume and dressing up we won't need to make fun of chad anymore.

Bring the chicks out!!! You might have better luck helping the ladies carry their balls out of the bowling alley on ladies night. :thumbsup:

All in good fun my friend :D

It is a shame we didn't get to keep those 3D glasses Dave was crazy looking that night. Kent no worries there will be enough informal get together meetings and pizza nights thats what brought us together in the first place.

You're catching on now Dave!

If things are done right, the "business" side of meetings will be very brief. At the present time, we do not plan on making social gatherings like pizza nights anything but fun. No official business.

Maybe we should have a skimmate competition. Worse smelling wins.

I just cleaned out a champion. Thought I was going to be sick.

I like alot of the ideals I've seen, I would have loved to have a mentor, and probly could still use one. How about road trips. Like if we could go to a hugh frag farm. or a shopping trip to the LFS in Indy,hope you get the ideal. How about a logo design contest. winner gets a gift certifact to one of the Local LFS or chad's basement to do some shopping. Then we could have that for our T-shirt, jackets and alge scrappers. How about a lending library. Some paper back books, Setting up sumps, lights, corals etc. Maybe even have an equipment bank, If someone has an emergency tank cracked or skimmer blew up. There would be an emergency loaner for them until they can get something permanent. And maybe charge 5 or 10 a month. Since the purpose would be to help them. Or if someone has older, or unneeded equipment, get it out there for the newbie.

I wouldn't mind if someone put up a post that included a poll. On that poll there would be 5-10 users and whoever gets the most votes can post a bunch of pictures and information about their tank and make it a sticky for the month. That's somehting that will only take about 1 minute to do.

April is right around the corner.

Why did I revive this thread?

Why did I revive this thread?

Well... Because other than "Clark the Shark's Wet T-Shirt Hip Hop Party" there were some really good ideas during the formative years of the club. :lol: Some came to fruition, some did not. So I ask you fellow SLASHers… What do YOU want in a club NOW? Are you perfectly content with the way things are? Is there something you’d like to see more of? Less? Let’s throw out some ideas and see where this thread takes us today…

Here is a couple thoughts.... These are from the top of my head and some from other clubs I am members of.

Monthly meetings..... Pizza night or meetings on a weekend so us out of towners can come visit. Work, kids, and 2 hours away I cant do a wednesday. I saturday I can coordinate for.

A frag of the month..... Club funds buy a bigger mother colony that is then fragged up and sold at the meeting. Vary it SPS, LPS, chalice etc. Post it on a certain day, generate some interest, reserve/pre-sell half, then save the other half for a blind drawing based of people that register/sign in at the meetings. Make is so people that pre-reserve one month have to wait a month before reserving again, so the wealth gets spread of the opportunity to get one in advance. A $200 colony fragged into 10 pieces and sold for $15 or $20 a piece generates funds pretty quick.

Bi-monthly frag swaps.... Every month swaps gets messy you need a place with power, accepts spilled water, etc. Bi-monthly also gives people some time to plan ahead, look at their grow outs, etc. Plus Monthly turns into a handful of people all selling eagle eye & dragon eye zoas to each other. Still keep it local club members only. Save the businesses and big deal for the semi-annuals.

Tank how-to's & a raffle.... SEAS in Springfield did a great job with this. They build a project tank over the course of the year, and sell raffle tickets so at the end of the year someone walks away with a great prize. Each meeting they drilled it, built a rock wall, plumbing, etc etc. Each month was a how to & hands on so people learned and got hands on doing it. Talk with enough local shops I'm sure you can find project sponsors or at least local shops that will help sell raffle tickets. It's win win cause they will be making money once stocking begins too. All the way around it brings in knowledge, learning, members, local businesses, like a community project. Plus the raffle helps bring in club money.

Someone mentioned a grow out contest..... Great Idea.

You are a few years late, still have a 4th gen F-Body but the tuner won't help, but I will take you for a ride n the E38 740i or the 97 Firebird. Make Dave bring the beverages and we can have pizza and wings delivered by the lake.

Here is a couple thoughts.... These are from the top of my head and some from other clubs I am members of.

Monthly meetings..... Pizza night or meetings on a weekend so us out of towners can come visit. Work, kids, and 2 hours away I cant do a wednesday. I saturday I can coordinate for.

A frag of the month..... Club funds buy a bigger mother colony that is then fragged up and sold at the meeting. Vary it SPS, LPS, chalice etc. Post it on a certain day, generate some interest, reserve/pre-sell half, then save the other half for a blind drawing based of people that register/sign in at the meetings. Make is so people that pre-reserve one month have to wait a month before reserving again, so the wealth gets spread of the opportunity to get one in advance. A $200 colony fragged into 10 pieces and sold for $15 or $20 a piece generates funds pretty quick.

Bi-monthly frag swaps.... Every month swaps gets messy you need a place with power, accepts spilled water, etc. Bi-monthly also gives people some time to plan ahead, look at their grow outs, etc. Plus Monthly turns into a handful of people all selling eagle eye & dragon eye zoas to each other. Still keep it local club members only. Save the businesses and big deal for the semi-annuals.

Tank how-to's & a raffle.... SEAS in Springfield did a great job with this. They build a project tank over the course of the year, and sell raffle tickets so at the end of the year someone walks away with a great prize. Each meeting they drilled it, built a rock wall, plumbing, etc etc. Each month was a how to & hands on so people learned and got hands on doing it. Talk with enough local shops I'm sure you can find project sponsors or at least local shops that will help sell raffle tickets. It's win win cause they will be making money once stocking begins too. All the way around it brings in knowledge, learning, members, local businesses, like a community project. Plus the raffle helps bring in club money.

Someone mentioned a grow out contest..... Great Idea.

Thanks Khowst, some interesting ideas there

Pizza Night in Texas. :D

Hmmm... you got me thinking about brisket now!

Think smoked Ribeyes. ;-)

I am so glad this club has remained true to the form it was set up under. If anyone thinks their input doesn't count, you would be wrong, this is the club that does want to hear from you. :)

Back