What is my game plan?

Is it possible your alk kit is reading wrong. I had a salifert kit that read almost 10 when my actual level was closer to 7. Burnt tips and stressed corals and not other animals kind of sounds a little like an alk crash.

I would have to wonder the same thing. Salifert DKH are notoriously inaccurate. And stn in a low nutrient tank is commonly associated with alk swings.

For alk i test with salifert and elos. They both seem to read close to each other 7.8-8.2dkh

I do have a lot of mushrooms and kenya trees.

For stray voltage, wouldnt my fish or inverts be effected to it? All my fish and inverts are still doing great.

I remember reading couple years back about LR releasing nutrients back into the tank that we cant test for. Myabe this could be the reason? Or maybe its time to go BB.!?

I had a fan fall into the sump which caused my SPS to either bleach or die, but my fish and inverts acted normally. I too am considering a BB tank.

I had 2 to 3" sand bed a year ago. It crashed my tank when I tried to clean up the sand bed. So finally, I removed all old sand and just put back about 1/2" of new sand just for look. Nowadays, with all these fancy equipment and technique we don't need DSB. IMHO, DSB is a time bomb.:thumbdown

This is when Brian chimes in and says that DSB's are great as long as they are removable, like a series of 5 gallon buckets. :) He's right.

ROFLMFAO that is soo true brian wheres your post..
I agree too a DSB in the main tank is a bad idea.. removable in your sump.. it's very beneficial

Back