What is your favorite tang?

So far bioload is doing fine...only thing that has been up is my nitrates. Everything else is at zero and I rarely do water changes once a month if that. I've got chaeto in the sump and a about to add copepods to produce live culture in the tank. Also have some bristle worms that reLly help out on bioload

uploadfromtaptalk1433288973649.jpg

I had a mimic and a powder brown but white spot wiped all my fish out... I am not adding another tang to this tank... It's a shame my favorite fish killed all my others would hate it to happen to anyone else... Would choose the same again.. Although the white tail is also gorgeous. Good luck

Achilles tang without a doubt. Very active beautiful tang. He is currently going thru the tank transfer method and will be in my 55QT with a Tunze 6205 in a little over a week. He is eating very well and I got him from Liveaquaria to go into my 220g after the QT
Stunning fish

Mine top 3 are black/chevron/achillies- i go in and out of which is number 1
i have a chevron named squishy about 4 months in my 200g tank- he has lots of personallity and schools with a tamarin and golden rham.
and a zebr. scopas/rostratum hybird in qt now
achillis some day :)
da3848db-db29-4ff8-bf23-c4384f0c36c1_zps88b58768.jpg
That is absolutely beautiful

here is a update on squishy my chevron about 5 months later, he has grown alot and colors are turning to the darker side- lot of less orange lots more black and olive - pardon the wrasses, but this is the best pic i could get and if i cropped it, it became to zoomed in.
What are those wrasse with red n orange tails?!

I've not owned one yet. Just started salt water bout a month ago. I love the blonde naso and hippos though. Torn between which one to put in my cycling 65. Got time to figure it out. Would love both but I don't think I have enough room.

I've not owned one yet. Just started salt water bout a month ago. I love the blonde naso and hippos though. Torn between which one to put in my cycling 65. Got time to figure it out. Would love both but I don't think I have enough room.

not to be the bearer of bad news but is neither a choice? I havent had a hippo but nasos are serious swimmers and get very large/have alot of waste. I had one in a 180 and thought it was large enough for the fish but when I moved him to a 300, i realized that the 180 6 foot tank was like a small room for that fish. They can swim 8 feet in a second so consider that when buying tangs.

If are set on a tang, be sure to know what you are going to do w/ it when it grows and starts getting aggressive. In a smaller tank, i would go with something like a yellow eye kole tang if possible as those dont get as large and arent open water swimmers like nasos

I may hold off until I get a bigger tank then. I plan on adding 2 cardinals to my qt after I move my perculas and bta to the 65. Having the qt will give me time to do research. How long does it take most hippos to be full grown? When I get my house I'll start cycling a bigger tank. Been doing fresh water for yes and just started salt water but I've been spending pretty much every night on different places to take in as much as I can

This guy I bought him at Less than inch in size he's the reason I have steadily been upgrading ,started with a 90 now in a 210 and getting a 350 built and then maybe a 500 probably will upgrade until I can t keep him.
uploadfromtaptalk1434040927500.jpg

Chevron is my fav, achilles is 2nd and Kole eye very close 3rd, I only own a kole but love the pattern and personality on it, one day Ill afford a chevron.

Chevron is my fav, achilles is 2nd and Kole eye very close 3rd, I only own a kole but love the pattern and personality on it, one day Ill afford a chevron.

They've been going down a lot in price actually.

Used to be a $200 fish, now more like $150.

Our Chevron has a great personality as well :)

My favorite is the Sohal Tang

I have one in a 300g he's about 9-10inches and shows no aggression towards any of the other fish. That could be because of the Broomtail Wrasse, they seem to keep each other in check.

For beautiful colouration I'd go with the Powder Blue

pbt by kenpau01, on Flickr

As a sheer allrounder you can't look past the yellow, probably my favourite tang

yeltang by kenpau01, on Flickr

But....if I could have any tang, either of these two would be my choice, unfortunately the Achilles is about $800 here in Australia, and I'd have to remortgage my house to get a Black Tang!!!

Achilles_Tang by kenpau01, on Flickr

blacktang by kenpau01, on Flickr

Back