what kind of bulbs can be run on m80 ballasts besides radiums?

Zacktosterone

hey guys. what are my bulb choices for 2016 that can be run on m80 ballasts? i'm looking for something less blue than a radium bulb i want something that shows more of a true colour. what i mean is, i don't want a florescent enhanced colour to coral. i want true blues, pinks, yellows and greens. i really hope that makes sense because i'm trying to make it make sense.

if anyone has a picture to compare colour i would love to see it.

also yes. i spell colour that way because i'm Canadian.

I'm basically looking for something that grows corals faster and i have to rely on water parameters and good lighting to show good color not the blue to make the corals POP.

any info on threads or whatever would be great. pictures are appreciated

Most of the European made bulbs will run best on a M80, assuming you are currently using SE fixtures as you mentioned you are using radiums. Id go with either Giesemann's 12,500K or 14,500K or the Aquaconnect 14,000K on a M80.

I have read some pretty awesome stuff regarding the development of the AquaConnect 14k, supposedly a lot of R&D went into it.

Where did you find Aquaconnect 14k? Thoughts it has been discontinued long back ..

Has it? Sorry it's been a few years since I have been super active in the hobby, but a few years ago they were the up and coming German made halide bulb.

Back