What lighting do you keep your Lords under?

sfsuphysics

Currently my lords (and wellsi) are kept under 250w 12000k reeflux at the bottom of the tank and they look fabulous. I'm setting up a softy dominated tank (with 6-54w t5 bulbs) and wondering if I should just leave them in the tank (which will be low fish low & sps corals) or should I move them over?

The only reason I ask is because I need to know which tank to put my cleaner shrimp into since they rip food out of the lord's mouthes.

Should I not try to mess with what's working?

i keep them under pcs or vhos about anywhere in the tank with halides or t5s they need to be in the lower to bottom of the tank imo.

Mine were doing great under PC's. I got T5s, they really suffered for about a month, lost their color. Most have rebounded fine but some have different colors now, some of my challices never recovered. Just be careful with t5s, do a very gradual acclimation. Definately very intense lights.

i have several colonies under 14k MH 175W, 250W, 400W. the 175 and 250w are at the store on 40 gal breeder tanks, where the lords are in the bottom half of the tank. the lords under 400w are in my 180gal, about 10in. from the top of the tank directly under 1 of the 400w 14k. all are doing great. the lords at the store get feed more often so growth is better there, but at home under the 400w the color is unbelievable and growth is good.

do they require high lighting when running pc lighting?
I wanted to keep them in my 12 gallon aquapod which will have 88 watts when i am done modding it.
you think they would thrive under those conditions

I have mine under ~130W PC in an 'pod 24. Used to be under 400W MH lights, but the color suffered. The color continues to improve daily...

Dave

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7562330#post7562330 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by commiphora
I have mine under ~130W PC in an 'pod 24. Used to be under 400W MH lights, but the color suffered. The color continues to improve daily...

Dave

Nice so then locating mine mid to upper mid level in the tank and i should be good. I must admit they are my favorite coral i have come across yet.
Debating a second job to get a few peices i have found that are just beautiful..
You know you are hooked when you are willing to work at McDonalds part time to get extra money for frags lol

Back