What Made You Start?

i was single and have nothing to do with my time 5 years ago. so i got a saltwater tank and all the honeys started flocking. just kidding but for real. :)

I bought a 55 gallon tank for 25 bucks from a friend and used it for a Chinese water dragon lizard for a while. After he moved on, and I moved out, I wanted cool fish for the tank as I got a whole bunch of stuff with the setup. The kicker was a Petco by my house had a grand reopening with damsels for $1, so I scrambled for some final setup and got 9 of them. Bunch of live rock, tangs, clowns, carpet anenome, and then a 125 gallon setup, I'm now down to a 12 gallon cube as we're trying to move.

Alas, the ups and downs of having salt tanks.

Long term goal of either reef or semi-reef once I get a bigger house and some upgrades for the 125. A coworker just turned me onto this site and today is slow, so I'm posting away.

The carpet was in the 55 from start to finish. Got it at about 5 inches across, and it grew to about a foot. It was great and ate great until I started messing with powerheads and my wife and I had triplets, so the tank got neglected. I lost it a while back. I did have 440 watts of VHO light going on the 55 and he seemed to love it. ****ed me off the clowns never bonded, but oh well.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11658722#post11658722 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Sara B
Smart butt!

The original tank is still working out fine ... the issue is the extra added system that's painful! :rolleyes:

:D

Certain clowns, prefer certain species of anemones. Maybe they were the wrong clowns for that kind of nem. Also, some tank bred clowns, never host.

They were oscellaris clowns, and I bought wild caught, but I think I got tank bred as they were quick to eat prepared flake food off the surface.

But alas, that was in the past......

It all started for me when my tank collector of a brother kept telling me that I should get a nanocube for the corner of my office at home... :lol: ;) (just kidding, Doug!)

... but seriously, I've always had some kind of love for saltwater tank setups... always thought that when they were put together well, they looked a thousand times better than FW setups. You know, just like the ones that you occasionally see in a doctor or dentist's office?

Moonjelly and Rod for parents?! Sounds like Fathers day in Tiskilwa!Are you my Daddy?You should see these poor kids. We buy 'em tanks to shut 'em up.

I blame it on...MELEV and his 280 thread. I was just surfing the web and came across some cat doing a big tank in 14day and I could belive it!So here I am addicted!!!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11655275#post11655275 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Fish_wiz2
Advance freshwater getting boring (discus, plants, tropical, etc.) so i decide to take the plunge.

Same here. Since I was born, I've been always in love with all kinds of animals including fish. Also been snorkling a lot when I was a kid.

Back