What to feed Reef tank

Clownin Aroun

YouTube name- KNGRNGS
After reading hours and hours of posts about all kinds of fish I have a question about feeding. I have yet to see a thread that is dedicated to what YOU feed your entire tank! Not what you feed your angels then tangs then everyone else. I am wondering this because Ibsen that many people like to put nori in the tank soaked in seldom or garlic for their tangs and use different meaty foods and angel formula for the angels. Is there a mix or everything you can do so that all of the fish get what they are looking for?!?

I feed my fish a mix of mysis, brine, nori, chopped clams, chopped fresh shrimp and soak it in garlic every now and then........

What do you guys feed and why?

Every day I feed live black worms, clams, new born brine shrimp and frozen mysis.
I have some pellets in a feeder with fish oil on it for the night eaters. Thats it and thats all I feed.
The corals get the same thing. Most of my fish are spawning and very old.

Every day I feed live black worms, clams, new born brine shrimp and frozen mysis.
I have some pellets in a feeder with fish oil on it for the night eaters. Thats it and thats all I feed.
The corals get the same thing. Most of my fish are spawning and very old.

How do you feed live black worms clams and brine everyday? Where do you get them from!?!

I have been feeding this for 40 years. The live blackworms I get in a pet shop and I keep them in a small tank with circulation, the baby brine shrimp I hatch every day in a DIY hatchery and egg seperator, the clams I get in a fish market.
If you want your fish in great shape or breeding condition, you have to feed them correctly, some of my fish are 19 years old and still spawning.

I feed a little brine, formula 2 frozen and flake, and mysis shrimp soaked in Zoe, vita chem, selcon and a little garlic. I have tried nori,sea veggies and ocean nutrition and none of my tangs really touch any of it? All fish are fat and very active. Want to start hatching live brine like Paul B mentioned above

You are feeding an assortment of foods to your tank. Which fish are not looking robust and healthy, and then look for foods suited for them.

I have 5 foods mixed in an auto feeder that feeds 5x a day. Every day I add an assortment of Reef Nutritition products, or an assortment of a dozen cubes of frozen.

The only fish I am not feeding adequately at the moment is a trio of Evansi anthias. My other 110+ fish are looking good and healthy.

Dave B

Back