What will eat/kill zoos and not bother anything else?

definitely frag them. You can peel them off pretty easily when they're that encrusted like that as there will be a lot of flesh. Once you peel them a little bit, they come off prett well. Then set them on some rock rubble and sell the frags. If you don't know how, I'm sure someone nearby can help you do it. Or just frag the monti off and sell the rest of the rock to an LFS for store credit. Great problem to have lol

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9850890#post9850890 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Scottkelly911
definitely frag them. You can peel them off pretty easily when they're that encrusted like that as there will be a lot of flesh. Once you peel them a little bit, they come off prett well. Then set them on some rock rubble and sell the frags. If you don't know how, I'm sure someone nearby can help you do it. Or just frag the monti off and sell the rest of the rock to an LFS for store credit. Great problem to have lol

Maybe that's a good idea. I never envisioned them peeling off in my mind. I kinda had the thought that it would be a popping, fleshy, toxic mess.

Steve, I had a copperband (who I sold) and he didn't seem interested. Is it specifically a copperband that I should be looking at or maybe some other type of angel/butterfly?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9851437#post9851437 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Waxxiemann
Maybe that's a good idea. I never envisioned them peeling off in my mind. I kinda had the thought that it would be a popping, fleshy, toxic mess.

Steve, I had a copperband (who I sold) and he didn't seem interested. Is it specifically a copperband that I should be looking at or maybe some other type of angel/butterfly?
Yeah I never thought about it until I saw an LFS do it, just peel them off and when you get all the ones off that you want (if they come up as one part, then just use a razor blade to cut where you want to stop peeling. They'll probably peel in several pieces but just do it like you would peel a sticker to get them off in larger pieces.

Well I'm able to get some Zoanthid eating Nudibranchs from the LFS so I think that is what I'm going to try. I'm pretty excited to see these little guys go to work actually.

I tried peeling off as many as I could and it was no fun at all. I'm hoping these guys will clean up what's left. I'll post an "after" picture once it's all done.

Thanks for all the good advice guys.

Waxx

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9869236#post9869236 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Mike de Leon
A large Angel would clean that up real fast. Try a Blueface of Emperor. Just keep your brains out of the way...

I'd be too worried about my clams for an angel although that would be my last ditch effort.

I added 4 zoo eating nudis yesterday... I gotta say that I can really sympathize with people who are trying to get these things out of their tanks. They are so small and they just disappear.

I haven't noticed any stress to the zoos come this morning, but I am hoping to see some evidence when I get home from work. I'll keep you guys posted.

I figure that I am going to have to be very dilligent with my carbon and skimmer while these guys are in my tank, I imagine that there will be a lot of paly being released as they munch away.

copperband are one of the safest butterfly.Some may eat zoos some may not.Other butterfly fish are less reef safe. Butterfly fish will eat your zoos maybe get something other than a copperband.I don't think they will nip at your clam.Angel fish may nip at the clam.My flame killed several clams.I thought it was something I did.He picked at them slowly then they become irritated and died after a month.I couldn't figure out who was doing it.I thought I had pyramid snails.

The zooanthid eating nudibranchs don't appear to be doing anything. I think my solar warsse may have eaten them but I am not sure.

I might be able to bring the rocks to my LFS and stick them in one of his tanks with some big angels, maybe they will eat them all off but I don't really like the idea of putting my rock in his tank.

Maybe a saddle back butterfly will do the trick.

I have a blue lined rabbit, plows through shrooms amd zoos.

NewMHApril07027.jpg

Those seen in this pic have been removed.

... trouble is it is pesky to other things such as star fish, doesn't eat them, just grabs to see "if" it's edible. I am not sure it is hurting the star fish ... yet

It has never touched an SPS or clam so, if you dislike aggressive zoos like I dislike aggressive zoos, it's all good.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9904602#post9904602 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by sufunk
Off topic but what kind of tang is that in the pic? Awesome fish!

Thanks! He is a Chocolate mimic tang. Great fish, stays pretty small.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9904588#post9904588 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Bax
I have a blue lined rabbit, plows through shrooms amd zoos.

NewMHApril07027.jpg

Those seen in this pic have been removed.

... trouble is it is pesky to other things such as star fish, doesn't eat them, just grabs to see "if" it's edible. I am not sure it is hurting the star fish ... yet

It has never touched an SPS or clam so, if you dislike aggressive zoos like I dislike aggressive zoos, it's all good.

COOL! That might be just the thing! Thanks, I'll look into it.

Waxx

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9850765#post9850765 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by pledosophy
I wish my zoo's would grow out of control soon. :D

Just feed em.... mine eat cyclo and mysis, they have doubled in just a couple months. But they aren't as ugly as the ones in this thread. :)

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9868235#post9868235 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Waxxiemann
Well I'm able to get some Zoanthid eating Nudibranchs from the LFS so I think that is what I'm going to try. I'm pretty excited to see these little guys go to work actually.

I tried peeling off as many as I could and it was no fun at all. I'm hoping these guys will clean up what's left. I'll post an "after" picture once it's all done.

Thanks for all the good advice guys.

Waxx

Careful handling the zoos........there was a thread last week about how poisonous a lot of zoos are that I am still reeling from. The guys dog died within hours and there was a lot of warnings about having any open sores and how sick you can get from the neurotoxin.

I just got rid of a juvenile Emperor Angel that was eating anything with polyps. She was a beauty but devastating to the reef.

Back