Whats a slip bushing?


In Memoriam
Whats a slip bushing?


I need to attach a 1" pvc tube to a 1.25" pvc tube. Do I need an adapter? Or do I need a slip bushing? I dont see any adaptors that connect to different diameter slip fitting tubes.

Basically I have a bulkhead that accepts a 1" slip fitting. And I have a drain hose that accepts a 1.25" slip fitting. So I got a 4" long 1" diameter pvc tube, cemented it to the bulkhead. Now I need to cement an adapter to connect to this 1.25" drain. What is the part that I need to do this called?


New member
Looks like Savko calls them "slip bushings", with the two numbers given being the two different sizes that it "joins" together. If I were you, I'd take the two sizes of pipe that I was working with down to Lowes/Home Depot/Ace and find the piece that works. I do that alot to make sure I have what I know works. FWIW, I've heard them called reducing bushings as well, among other things.


New member
Slip means it's not threaded. The pipe "slips" inside the fitting.
So you you want something that is called a 1 1/4"-1" slip-slip reducing fitting.
Threaded fittings are designated MPT - male pipe thread and FPT - female pipe thread