Whats the best SE bulb on a select-a-watt ballast?

reefslugs

It's time to replace my bulbs. Looking for thoughts on whats the best SE bulb on a select-a-watt ballast.

Depends on your goals I would guess. Have you tried the reeflux bulbs? Rave reviews on the color render of the 12k reeflux. I recently switched from Radiums to XM10k. Different flavor for sure, but I like them and have already noticed a bit of a growth increase inside the first month. Most people nowadays would tell you that you've already got the best bulbs. Do your ballasts go to 400 watts? Have you considered trying the 400 watt radiums. They do look a bit different

Since I started with MH I have had great luck with Reeflux 12k SE, Radium SE, and Phoenix SE. All 250w, all on electronic ballast some standard, some dimming, some select a watt. Lamps last 12 to 24 months with a max drop of 10% in PAR readings. I switched to Phoenix after I received a bad Radium that was then replaced by another bad one that did not measure up to Radium light levels from previous lamps. Keeping lamps dry helps them last longer. When I had a canopy with spider reflectors my lamps did not last as long as using pendants with glass lenses or a fixture being protected by glass tops on the aquarium.

20K Radium on "HQI."

...or if you want to supplement a bit, then 10K XM or Hammy with VHO/T5 Actinics.

You'll be a bit of a trail blazer since those SE Phoenix bulbs don't have a ton of reviews out there

Back