Where can I find a single function LED?

Reeferscott

I'm looking for a 400-500nm, 20KK LED lamp. I only want my blues, no whites ....no "œfull spectrum" baggage, just the blues.

My setup will use minimal white light. White & shimmer will come via a controlled 160we. Lamps will be sitting over a 13g sps nano. In this tank I heavily favor coloration over growth. If I want more growth, I'll add more white light.

I'd be happy with a fixed color lamp but bonus points would be given if there was an option for scheduling changes within this blue only spectrum and the ability to schedule PAR changes would be another bonus. I think I just described a version of the 160-we having a blue only spectrum ? Does something like this exist?

If this sounds stupid or already discussed, I plead that I'm just now back to this obsession after a 20 year respite and I have some catching up to do. :)

BTW - what's the difference between the 3 flavors of reef roids; Regular?, Nano? and Pro?

there are many companies that sell kits. You can make your own and choose all the blues that you want all in that 400-500 range although when you get down to the low 400's they will call it violet but that can be added as well.

I made my own with a few blue leds, resistors, and a 12 volt wall plug in. How many leds are you wanting to have?

Back