Where to find feeders?

Sounds like you may already have an idea about this, but make sure that your are primarily feeding crabs or fish that are of marine source origin. If they are not, they will be deficient in omega fatty acids and will over the longhaul, be nutritionally poor for your fish. Only saltwater sources are going to be sufficient in nutritional quality because they will have either fed directly or indirectly on the plankton drift. Freshwater fish and inverts are bad to feed to marine sources simply because their diet is so different.

Patrick12 I only use food that is stricktly for marine aquariums. Now I do once a week feed live ghost shrimp for the few fish that I have just as a hunting exercise. Hopefully soon I will be able to setup a ghost shrimp breeding tank so I can gutload them with marine food.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12787237#post12787237 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by rlf_racing
Believe me I wish I lived close to an ocean. I would never need to pay for a cuc in my tank again. And I could get some very cool looking inverts. Boomsticks what are green crabs? Do you have pics of them? Chrisstie do you think it would be safe to post in the local reef club forums here on RC since I don't belong to any of them? Fiddlers are cool but I am not using the crabs for feeders. Stone fish wont eat the crabs that I put in the tank since he is so small. And by the time he gets large enough to eat them, the crabs will be in their own tank. Which would be in the next year or two. Also is there any non reef safe shrimp out there besides mantis shrimp and harliquin shrimp?

Just post in the CMAS (Chicago) fourm here on RC, you do not need to be a member to post, since this is not the official club site, but RC. Every once in awhile someone posts a non-reef safe crab or shrimp thread. Alot of people grab them for there mantis shrimp or triggers, so you have to be fast. I beleive there is also a Rockford, Champain and there might be a Joliet fourm as well.

Back