Which one? Dos, Kamoer, Ecotech versa or something else?

Duzzy73

G’day,

was wondering which one? Want them for everything from ATO to dosing chemicals to AWC it will also need to be able to pump up to 9ft vertically and 30ft horizontally .

I’ve done my due diligence but I’m just not sure which way to go. The kamoer seems huge, dos is an odd shape I’m leaning towards ecotech.

Does anyone use a doing pump for kalk? I was going to use the manifold with solenoid but still planning.

regards Duzzy

The only dosing pump I’ve used is Dos. It works for my needs, just be aware that if you accidentally have something get between the heads and press continually against the manual dose button, it will dose until the button is released

For kalk, fx-stp hand down. Set the tension to the lowest you can to maintain dosing, and the tubing will last nearly a year if you dose kalk 24/7. The fx-stp2 allows you to schedule continuous dosing rates, so you could do all the kalk at night at a steady rate vs a bunch of quick spurts which is not ideal. The x1 pro T is also good for continuous duty, but IMO, ots a more "disposable" unit and a hassle to buy and change the tubing.

Bit of a fanboy. Lol
20230808_205647.jpg

For kalk, fx-stp hand down. Set the tension to the lowest you can to maintain dosing, and the tubing will last nearly a year if you dose kalk 24/7. The fx-stp2 allows you to schedule continuous dosing rates, so you could do all the kalk at night at a steady rate vs a bunch of quick spurts which is not ideal. The x1 pro T is also good for continuous duty, but IMO, ots a more "disposable" unit and a hassle to buy and change the tubing.
I like the dial for adjusting speed. Do you dose kalk at night for your ph?

The only dosing pump I’ve used is Dos. It works for my needs, just be aware that if you accidentally have something get between the heads and press continually against the manual dose button, it will dose until the button is released
Hate the bitten on ttem but if it’s hung right should be ok.

I like the dial for adjusting speed. Do you dose kalk at night for your ph?
I dose kalk 24/7 at 18ml/min. I also dose lye and calcium chloride on a steady drip as well. I've liked this method becuase light enhanced calcification causes a drip in alkalinity, which subsequently reduces tank pH. I end up having pH getting too high otherwise. I keep it between 8.3-8.5 most days.

The dose uses brushed motors and I can only run for so long before needing rto stop and cool off. The more expensive kaomoers and Versa doaers use brushless stepper motors which are very precise, long lasting and rated for continuous duty.

I dose kalk 24/7 at 18ml/min. I also dose lye and calcium chloride on a steady drip as well. I've liked this method becuase light enhanced calcification causes a drip in alkalinity, which subsequently reduces tank pH. I end up having pH getting too high otherwise. I keep it between 8.3-8.5 most days.
That’s an incredible ph! I’ve never heard of dosing lye I’m not even sure what it does other than dissolve remains in psycho movies.

The dose uses brushed motors and I can only run for so long before needing rto stop and cool off. The more expensive kaomoers and Versa doaers use brushless stepper motors which are very precise, long lasting and rated for continuous duty.
Thankyou

Can’t say I knew that, but mine ran for about 5 hours straight before I caught it

Can’t say I knew that, but mine ran for about 5 hours straight before I caught it
Maybe its not the big of an issue. I wonder if the physical "jog" button bypasses all of that?

That’s an incredible ph! I’ve never heard of dosing lye I’m not even sure what it does other than dissolve remains in psycho movies.
For most, soda ash is sufficient. Lye is sodium hydroxide, so similar to kalk. Except you don't get any calcium, you are adding useless sodium, but it's much much more soluble. But, it's also a ph of 14, so a bit dangerous.

Back