Which Skimmer?

Mak71

Looking for a Skimmer for a 75 - 125 Gallon Tank.. Which skimmer out there is good?? Euro Reef? Life Reef or the MR-2?

Thanks

Yes I guess so.. isn't in sump is easier? Can you tell me what's the different? Since I am new to this..

Thanks

One will go in a sump and the other would hang off the back of the tank. The hang on ones cannot compare to the sump models. An ASM G3 would be a nice addition to a tank in that size range.

HOB or a sump model are equally as efficient, however I prefer to hide equipment and find the sump models easier to reach as opposed to pulling something from the back of the tank.

Each brand you've listed are quite good.

Ed

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6494569#post6494569 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by EdKruzel
HOB or a sump model are equally as efficient, however I prefer to hide equipment and find the sump models easier to reach as opposed to pulling something from the back of the tank.

Each brand you've listed are quite good.

Ed

Umm Ed the in sump models are bigger and better. HOB skimmer can not even compare to a good in sump model.

Yes they are bigger. Therfore make sure you measure and that you have enough room for the skimmer before you buy it. Height can be a problem with some stands so becareful.

If you have a choice between HOB and in sump go with the in sump model. In my opinion and experience, you can't go wrong with a Euroreef skimmer. They are easy to use and will produce some truly nasty smelly skimmate. Just my $.02 based on my own experience.

Be sure and look at a Coralife Super Skimmer. I have a 55 gal with a CSS 125 gal rated skimmer on it.. This thing pulls out some major gunk. There is a huge thread on this skimmer also. 80+ pages just on this skimmer. I suggest you get the 220 version. The bigger the better in my book.

Well worth you time to review.

Dwayne,
Of course there are larger sump models, the question compares HOB and Sump Models of a particular brand, which all sell equal sized for either situations.

Further suggestions could have read, "if you have the room you can upgrade to a larger model for the sump".

Ed

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6496282#post6496282 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by DerrickBrown
Be sure and look at a Coralife Super Skimmer. I have a 55 gal with a CSS 125 gal rated skimmer on it.. This thing pulls out some major gunk. There is a huge thread on this skimmer also. 80+ pages just on this skimmer. I suggest you get the 220 version. The bigger the better in my book.

Well worth you time to review.

I have a CSS220 in the sump under my 90, and it can pull out some major sludge. It's rather tall, so check your stand clearance before getting one -- mine just barely fits under there.

Back