Which tank should i get?

yeah that's a really good price on the 220g, if everything looks good I would buy that right away. especially with those accessories. you only need 100lbs of live rock in that

Go with the 220. The price seems a bit low, but you will have to see it in person to see why. The more space you have in a tank, the better off the fish will be. Of course the bigger tank, leads to more possibilities of fish you can put in it. You also made a statement about having to drive 2 hours for live rock for $2 per pound. Think of what you would be paying online or at a LFS and consider the 2 hour drive. You can hand pick it and get the weight, shapes, sizes you want to choose from and if he has 200 pounds or more, you are good to go.

It is a 2 hour drive for the tank, i found someone about 15mins away with rock for $1 a pound

get bigger tank! i bought 58 and now regret.... it's nice but way to small for i want. probably next year i get 90 gallon. if i would have room i would get 220.

yeah that's a really good price on the 220g, if everything looks good I would buy that right away. especially with those accessories. you only need 100lbs of live rock in that

i agree .. If you buy anything smaller you will regret it because you had this size tank on your list.. I have always found get what you want not settle.. even if you have to wait a bit longer to afford everything it needs..

Im very impatient and i dont want to wait to long for fish lol but it seems like i will be going with the 220! Thanks for all your help!

Im very impatient and i dont want to wait to long for fish lol but it seems like i will be going with the 220! Thanks for all your help!

YOU MUST GET A QT Tank

get your live stock thru qt while you are getting all the stuff for the tank together.
To be very Brutally honest.. If you have NO PATIENCE TO WAIT and do it right..
FIND ANOTHER HOBBY !!!!!!!

You will fail badly if not patient . This is a Hobby for long term gratification not A Quick fix..:uhoh3:

Erica Renee:wave:

YOU MUST GET A QT Tank

get your live stock thru qt while you are getting all the stuff for the tank together.
To be very Brutally honest.. If you have NO PATIENCE TO WAIT and do it right..
FIND ANOTHER HOBBY !!!!!!!

You will fail badly if not patient . This is a Hobby for long term gratification not A Quick fix..:uhoh3:

Erica Renee:wave:

I have been keeping fish for about 10 years now. Done reefs, discus, anything freshwater and a few saltwater nanos. I always and will always QT fish. I have 3 55gs that i am going to dedicate to QT for this tank.

Go bigger first time even if it takes you a little longer, my current tank is currently a year old and next may I will be upgrading tank size, something similar to the BRS160 dimensions. It's going to be a pain in the *** to transfer livestock and corals etc move tanks, luckily my current equipment is rated high enough for the larger tank.

I have been keeping fish for about 10 years now. Done reefs, discus, anything freshwater and a few saltwater nanos. I always and will always QT fish. I have 3 55gs that i am going to dedicate to QT for this tank.

awesome then you are all set to go... :frog:

I had a 75 when I first started. it wasn't a bad tank but it does limit you on fish and the type of fish. and then I had to upgrade to the 180 I have now

I started with 55, 40B, 75, 150, 180 and just recently upgrade to 375 gallons. So I would say go big and go slow even if you have to save up money

Why would you choose that? What is the reasoning? More room for fish?

No matter what, you will always want bigger. I have a current 90G, and am getting a 220G custom made. But when I visualize the 220G, I still want bigger lol.

But yeah, you have more options for fish, and your system is easier to keep stable/maintain with larger water capacities.

Ok so i found a local 200g that i can get as soon as tonight, for $200. It is a glass tank, stand and sump.. No lights or anything. Someone near has a 72" outer orbit 3x150W HQI w/Lunars... I think i can talk them to $150?? Should i go with that or still go with the 220? I might, just might be able to get a 300g acrylic though. But that is my WHOLE budget :(

Ok so i found a local 200g that i can get as soon as tonight, for $200. It is a glass tank, stand and sump.. No lights or anything. Someone near has a 72" outer orbit 3x150W HQI w/Lunars... I think i can talk them to $150?? Should i go with that or still go with the 220? I might, just might be able to get a 300g acrylic though. But that is my WHOLE budget :(

The 200g for $200 is actually 7ft by 2ft by 2ft. total of 210g obo

That's a good price for that size.

I prefer 30" tall as the viewing is much more delightful. That's why I went with the 220G dimensions. All personal preference.

The 200g for $200 is actually 7ft by 2ft by 2ft. total of 210g obo

I personally like this depth. I can get my arms to the bottom without having to go swimming. Had a deeper tank, almost killed myself trying to work in it when I got unbalanced on the step stool and fell. Luckily I bounce still.

I would have huge concerns about any of these systems based on the prices they are being sold for. I would be hugely concerned about the age and quality of the tanks and equipment you are getting with them. My feeling is that to set up the smallest tank you list here with decent (not the best) equipment would cost close to your $1K amount without any livestock, rock or sand. I learned the hard way that you get what you pay for with equipment. I would just take someone that is well versed in what they are looking at with you if you are going to seriously consider any of these systems. Just be cautious with any of these. If you lose any of the critical pieces (tank, sump, primary pumps, lighting, temp control), you could lose the whole system without having bought quality stuff. If you do not buy quality stuff, you can find yourself replacing a lot of this equipment in a short time. Buying good equipment would lessen the chance you would need to replace any right away. You should count on having backup equipment as well in case any of these pieces fail. Hope this helps.

Back