Who has taken vacation time off work for your tank?

NasotheHutt

I was thinking of taking a few days off next week to work on my build to expedite the process. Anyone here ever take time off for your tank, if so what for?

I think lots of us have, I usually take at least the mornings off when I order a frag pack and I've taken time when power was out at the house. There has probably been another day or two here and there that i'm forgetting as well. Of course I have 4 1/2 wks of time each year and only use 4 days a year to travel over Christmas so I have plenty of time to use.

sure, I've done so. Often I'll take a morning off when expecting a shipment, and at the beginning of a build I may take a day off or two in order to knock out some of the larger construction projects.

I've taken a day or two off here and there over the years for various projects - stand builds, upgrades, etc.

Just did last Thursday.

Weekends are nightmares between running kids to and fro and other family obligations. A nice peaceful weekday off and I can get 10x done.

With the amount of money put into some reef ,there is no choice when something goes wrong.

I HEAR THAT!!!

Ive had a run of bad luck in the past month or so (tank cracked, fish got Ich, and my MH broke and burned my corals with pure UV light), and I had to take off a few days to deal with it.

yes, it is an addiction. have to take time off to buy live stocks and equipment.

exactly! one of the disadvantages of having a m-f 8-5 job is that I either need to pay for Saturday delivery or take a day off, so I opt to take a day off :)

And your not crazy, we all understand!

I usually take 1-2 days per month to work on my tank!

You're boss is much kinder than mine. It doesn't help that I sit 6 Inches from his desk. And well, we're also related.

leaving NYC to take over the family business means room for a bigger tank, but no time to do it!

I have 8 days off in a row and am flying in some reinforcements to move/build my new tank.

Look for a thread in 19 days.

yes, actually taking some time rigth now to work on my big tank, small budget build.
Sand, stain, sand, stain more, poly....i hate this part.

I am currently on vacation! Just to be with my tank!

And, every time I set a new tank up, I always take a week off....even if it is a one day job!

I vaguely remembered that I took an urgent leave to tend to my tank but I forgot what it was about.

I am tearing down my current tank and setting up a new one. I doubt that I could do it in a weekend and seriously considering taking a day or two off next.

Back