Who is using titanium heating elements

wvned

Premium Member
and what is the failure rate? What are good brands?

I am considering them.
I have always used Eheim Jager heaters and need to get a few spares. BRS doesn't even stock them anymore. All I am seeing are elements with controllers. I don't need controllers. I use an Inkbird for half my heaters and the other half are on my Hydros controller.
I prefer to use multiple 200 and 300 watt heaters as well. Never have all your eggs in 1 basket.
Premium Aquatics still has the Eheim ones but I thought I would ask. It seems like the failure rate was pretty high at first for the titanium elements.

I have an extra Inkbird as well.

It's time to restock before cold weather comes again.

I was using a 200w BRS titanium (Schego makes them). It died in one year but was replaced free no issue by BRS. I still haven't put the new one in because I had thrown an ancient 150w Heetmaster in and it's still doing fine. I use a Johnson Controls industrial thermostat to control. Not a fan of Inkbirds at all.

Been using the same pair of 500w finnex elements since 2015. Controlled by inkbird itc-1000. Can't speak for reliability of the plug and play inkbirds.

and what is the failure rate? What are good brands?

I am considering them.
I have always used Eheim Jager heaters and need to get a few spares. BRS doesn't even stock them anymore. All I am seeing are elements with controllers. I don't need controllers. I use an Inkbird for half my heaters and the other half are on my Hydros controller.
I prefer to use multiple 200 and 300 watt heaters as well. Never have all your eggs in 1 basket.
Premium Aquatics still has the Eheim ones but I thought I would ask. It seems like the failure rate was pretty high at first for the titanium elements.

I have an extra Inkbird as well.

It's time to restock before cold weather comes again.

are you sure they do not stock these. I thought they just had a sale on them.

are you sure they do not stock these. I thought they just had a sale on them.

Yes, I did just find them. They have a single picture with choose options under it. I missed it.
I already ordered 6 from Premium Aquatics. 2x300, 4x200 and 2x100.
I am starting up some freshwater stuff now and all the ones I had are in use.

Back