Why woud someone do this!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Akroncoral is the one that posts on craigslist everyday with the coral and clams. Bought some stuff off him last year. He's not well liked on craigslist everything he posts is flagged the second its listed and them 5 minutes later its listed again and flagged again. When I meet him he wasn't on RC he told s me he got banned for something but wouldn't say why. There's alot of questions out there going unanswered right now. And I bet someone out there knows more than what they're telling. I just hope this gets handled before it happens again and more livestock dies or someone loses their livelyhood.

I was selling stuff to soon.

This Is the only site I can find that Is talking about this. I need help. I need to sell from home to make ends. I need this to stop. Please

He's not well liked on craigslist everything he posts is flagged the second its listed and them 5 minutes later its listed again and flagged again.

Almost anything coral related gets banned on the Akron craigslist within minutes. The rumor is that a certain vendor has a craigslist app on their phone. Anytime something is listed in Akron with coral in it, the app notifies the user a new coral post has been listed and this vendor flags it, from multiple ip addresses if needed.

Lots of shady stuff happening so be careful who you deal with (and be even more careful with who you let in your home).

this kind of thing is not just happening in your area. Here in Montana a new LFS opened in Helena a few weeks ago and then 2 days ago some idiot walked into the store and poured powdered clorine bleach in the tanks. The owner lost reportedly $8000 in fish and corals. They have a surveillance tape of the suspect but no one knows who he is. This made the national news the other night. It is disgraceful and dispicable. Here in MT we don't have too much crime wondering if this is not some type of gang initiation?

Almost anything coral related gets banned on the Akron craigslist within minutes. The rumor is that a certain vendor has a craigslist app on their phone. Anytime something is listed in Akron with coral in it, the app notifies the user a new coral post has been listed and this vendor flags it, from multiple ip addresses if needed.

Lots of shady stuff happening so be careful who you deal with (and be even more careful with who you let in your home).[/QUO

Why can"t everyone just get along with each other. There are not that many places out there to buy corals from and not everyone carries the sameones. Some people carry highend some beginner coral, some a mix. Not everyone thats into saltwater know's about RC or CSEA, alot of people deal with locals from craigslist, stores they drive by or online vendors. So why not try to just spread the knowledge that we all have around with as many local vendors as we can. Why should there only be one supplier in the area? There is noone that can carry everything in one spot around this area. So why not have multiple vendors that carry differant things and have differant knowledge of the items they carry. I dont want this hobby to turn into the computer industry where you have Microsoft or Mac and thats it to choose from. Multiple vendors means larger selections and more knowledge which leads to better corals and more aquacultered, ORA, and farm raised products thats going to help the enviroment. So enough BS lets make this stop and enjoy having a great selection of healthy coral from multiple quality vendors.

Lots of shady stuff happening so be careful who you deal with (and be even more careful with who you let in your home).[/QUO

Why can"t everyone just get along with each other. There are not that many places out there to buy corals from and not everyone carries the sameones. Some people carry highend some beginner coral, some a mix. Not everyone thats into saltwater know's about RC or CSEA, alot of people deal with locals from craigslist, stores they drive by or online vendors. So why not try to just spread the knowledge that we all have around with as many local vendors as we can. Why should there only be one supplier in the area? There is noone that can carry everything in one spot around this area. So why not have multiple vendors that carry differant things and have differant knowledge of the items they carry. I dont want this hobby to turn into the computer industry where you have Microsoft or Mac and thats it to choose from. Multiple vendors means larger selections and more knowledge which leads to better corals and more aquacultered, ORA, and farm raised products thats going to help the enviroment. So enough BS lets make this stop and enjoy having a great selection of healthy coral from multiple quality vendors.

+1

If this person has a heart and comes to terms with his actions and stops this madness then we'll forget you even did anything. However, if he carries out these terrible acts there will be consequences! :wave:

People his this hobby don't stand for such foolish behavior!! We are about preserving the reefs and enjoying the beauty of the ocean. :fish1:

bgakron said: "When I meet him he wasn't on RC he told s me he got banned for something but wouldn't say why."

Akroncoral replied:I was selling stuff to soon.

With price of copper- Its surprising that someone would spend all that $$ for some copper to just throw away. And the advent of warmer wether, it will be more challenging for someone to 'smuggle' in ' poison' to dump in the tanks.
Perhaps having people take off their coats upon entering the store might be a solution. If anyone intends to really spend time in the store buying, it would get very warm while shopping. And if anyone is really serious about shopping, Why not be comfortable? If they are conscientous and serious shoppers, they shouldn't mind leaving their coats? Then this way it woud be easier to see /watch the shopper to see if they really have evil intentions. Hopefully in the store, the owner can afford to have staff on hand to watch the tanks. Perhaps recruit from your dedicated/trusted clientele to have watchfull shifts over the tanks ( in high peak hours) ----in return offer them a frag/ fish for their efforts?

. Not everyone thats into saltwater know's about RC or CSEA, alot of people deal with locals from craigslist, stores they drive by or online vendors.

Just for kicks and giggles I posted a for sale thread on craigslist a few hours ago. I didn't violate and rules or breach any of the terms of agreement. It's already been flagged and removed.

First off, I wouldn't let random people in my home to shop for corals anyways (yes I have done so in the past a handful of times but not anymore) so I couldn't care if the my posts get flagged. But if I was trying to make a business out of selling my corals it would be extremely frustrating. That along with the possibility of finding copper left behind would really make me rethink what I was getting into.

How does a post get flagged? Why does it get removed? I don't use craigs list much at all, but am curious of the steps it takes to get a post removed. Anyone know?

There's a button on top of the page anyone can hit that says "flag". I thinking more than 2 people flag it , it gets taken down. You don't even have to have a reason for flagging.

akroncoral is an ok guy trying to make a little extra cash selling corals. He got booted from RC cause he didnt have a huge post count and listed items for sale and they tossed him. he signed up again and did the same thing and got booted. He never violated anything, just did not have a huge post count. i only have like 300 posts and i have been here a long time so thats kinda bs i think. But he is a good person to deal with and he has really nice stuff dont judge him cause he is not on RC...he and his stuff is top notch.

and to be honest i hope they catch they guy putting copper in the tanks! He is a scum bag that is hurting everyone..the sellers the animals and the buyers. I dont know what the deal with him or her is but it is stupid and can NEVER be justified!

It's really sad that stores who are making a decent living have to overcome obstacles like this. I know how hard it is to get everything up and running and for someone to set you off course must be very hard. We can only hope whoever it is get's caught. Camera would be a great idea to help deter the criminal.

How is this person getting past you if you are dealing with him one on one?

I don't think it would take a large window of opportunity to be able to drop a few pieces of metal in the tank. It's noisy with all the pumps, you're shuffling around, grabbing at corals, etc. How long do you think the process would take? I'm guessing half a second or less.

I don't think it would take a large window of opportunity to be able to drop a few pieces of metal in the tank. It's noisy with all the pumps, you're shuffling around, grabbing at corals, etc. How long do you think the process would take? I'm guessing half a second or less.

Honestly who would have the balls to walk into someones house and drop copper in their tanks where they're buying corals...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back