Why woud someone do this!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
i wish each vendor could post there facts about EXACTLY what happened in this copper/tank poisening/theft episode and also there recent history of negative interaction with other vendors in the area (in full detail)... then this thread may come into more light and the audience could put conclusions together themselves... but unfortunately larry's (to the best of my knowledge) doesnt have an RC account and the other vendor is remaining silent (probably scared of the culprit as i would be too)...

its just sad in general, but it just shows how low people will go... even this innocent reef hobby isnt protected from the crazies...

i wish each vendor could post there facts about EXACTLY what happened in this copper/tank poisening/theft episode and also there recent history of negative interaction with other vendors in the area (in full detail)... then this thread may come into more light and the audience could put conclusions together themselves... but unfortunately larry's (to the best of my knowledge) doesnt have an RC account and the other vendor is remaining silent (probably scared of the culprit as i would be too)...

its just sad in general, but it just shows how low people will go... even this innocent reef hobby isnt protected from the crazies...

+1 I agree with this. We should all be looking at what people are doing when we are in the stores and then maybe we can help catch them. Take a pic with our smartphones or something. I will definitely have my eyes open :worried:

Hey Guys,
I can no longer provide info about what happened publicly. Due to INFRACTIONS from RC Because I would be talking about my business. All I can tell you is my Store has been hit, my threads here have been removed, and the authorities are involved.

Last edited:
hmm ok... did the guy who owns the weapons store and has a fw guppy tank in the hartville flea market call the authorities too? his tank (which larry's takes care of) was poisoned as well from what i here... seems like larry's got the worst of this mess cause he was the first to get it... probably stems from whomever it may be having a bad history with the store? perhaps larry should examine his recent negative history with reefers and vendors in the area and he can find the culprit... i dont see many people complaining about his business too often so it shouldnt be to hard...

I talked to the folks at Capt. larry's 1st hand. They said that they noticed snaill and invert die off 1st. The noticed a few washers on the botton of a tank. Upon closed inspection they found washers in the overflows of many tanks. Their copper was over 2. Massive water changes later, and a complete inspection of overflows and they are testing zero. I saw the washers in 3-4 sepreate bags, dated with when they found them. They gave the impression it was not one act, but mutliple acts. They have a suspicion, but they are careful not to say. I was in there last week, and the place looked pretty good. They must have just gotten an order because they had a ton of coral. if you are within 30 minutes, they are worth the trip for sure.

+1 on a visit to Captain Larry's lots of stuff and great people. Glad to see everyone supporting them and other vendors that where hit!!!!

... Their copper was over 2. Massive water changes later, and a complete inspection of overflows and they are testing zero. .....They gave the impression it was not one act, but mutliple acts. They have a suspicion, but they are careful not to say.

Same Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back