Why woud someone do this!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is nuts, whats wrong with people. It was just a idea that is was insurance fraud, I dont know much about how that stuff works either. Hope you find the a** who did this. Keep us informed.

hmmmmm well i have my opinions that id take to the bank, but we probably all do... and i agree we should get all the effected store owners/vendors in one room to solve this... i dont think the police can do too much in this matter but i hope this comes to an end some way... till then keep a close eye on your stores and really watch who you let in your house... its ashame.

Couldn't they finger print the washers and see if it's the same person? Might come up in the system if they have a past..

hmmmmm well i have my opinions that id take to the bank, but we probably all do... and i agree we should get all the effected store owners/vendors in one room to solve this... i dont think the police can do too much in this matter but i hope this comes to an end some way... till then keep a close eye on your stores and really watch who you let in your house... its ashame.

Sounds Good :dance:
I think I might have to go visit some areas today and this week.
Business is not good when you can't bring anything in!

Wow when did this happen? I visited the old store in hartville a couple times when at the market and also stop in at larry's on the way home. Did it happen in the old small space or the bigger space just2many? Last time i was in Larry's place the coral didn't look good at all. Everything was closed up. Thought maybe they just got done cleaning the tanks or something. They got huge balls to put things in the hartville store because its small and you could be seen as there is always people around and everyone is in sight.

wow! this is absolutly HORRIBLE! Above and beyond the intentional killing of the animals is the damage to the business owners! That is sooo stupid for someone to do this to you guys! I hope they catch the SOB and hang him or her by their junk! Its rediculious! Man in this day and age people trying to make a living and getting screwed by some dumb *** is just plain wrong! I have never been to Just 2 many's store nut i just pm'd for the address as i will be glad to go there and buy local and show support for them. I am also going to captain larrys store to again show some support. Its not much but its all i can do, and i urge everyone here to do the same even if you spend $10 in their stores it will help them get back on their feet from this act of lunacy! Post the addresses of the stores in this thread so people know where to go and try to help out. thanks

Captain Larry's Aquarium
259 Pauline ave
Akron, oh 44312
330-733-5955

On the corner of Ellet ave and Pauline ave. Ellet ave is across the street from Eastgate plaza on Rt91/canton rd.

Last edited:
i just got this from just2many:

Thanks for writing. Its great to have your support. Its really appreciated.
Here is our address. We are located at the Hartville Marketplace. We are open Mon, Thursday -Saturday. 9am-5pm
1289 Edison St. NW, Hartville, OH 44632
Again Thanks. Hopefully whoever is doing this is caught soon.

there is their address too, so everyone go and show support for our local store owners...reefers are great people, not the scum that is doing this to these stores!

the best way would probably be to go to one of the club officers... if you have a definite answer of who is doing it, i would notify PMG or Cleveyank on this forum... they can then get with the other C-Sea officers and figure out what the correct action to take would be regarding the person... that is if its a club member... if not then i would let the authorities deal with it because its outside the club jurisdiction... one thing is for sure, if its another store or vendor trying to sabotage the competition, consumers need to be notified so we can avoid further purchasing from the culprit...

+1 with ariffle11. i really do hope its not a fellow reefer. i like to think that our club members are honest people with good morals.

Honestly the horrific nature of their actions shouldn't warrent much respect for their rights or privacy. I say out them right here.

I shop there pretty often and decided to sent them an email how angry me and people from RC are.
here is the response:

"Thank you Kamil, it is always nice to hear we have a friend out there. Your concern really touches me. Our livestock is bouncing back. Things had started closing and we were looking in the wrong area--checking phosphates and nitrates and other common problems that occur in a reef tank. It took 4 clams and a tank of turbo snails that all died at the same time for us to think to test copper. We feel it happened 3 different times because we would get it under control and then the copper level would return. We now change the carbon in our system every four days just to make sure that it is always fresh carbon. We have overall lost probably $1800.00 worth of corals, but we are restocked and our corals have never looked better with the amount of water change and fresh carbon in the system.

Thank you again

Kriss"

Please show your support and checkout Captain Larry's. First time I went there I didn't know of the issues going on. This was about a week ago. Corals looked very healthy and great prices! Super nice people. I give them a :thumbsup: for staying in business and not throwing in the towel because of some moron! If this guy's caught I don't think he'll make it out the front door alive! :dance:

That is where I buy all of my fish, just bought some there this past weekend. I've been buying fish from them since the late 90's and they are very nice people!! They are ordering me in some electric flame scallops hopefully this weekend!

I second that Captain Larry's has nice fish. I bought a great cleanup crew and fish from them. They got great prices on fish and cleanup crew. I think I bought 5 turbo snails for $10 or $12 something like that. They even had true percs for $13.99 or something like that. Really great prices. Mandarins for like $15 or less. Just great prices. Even the big package of Rods food for like $16 or something like that.

I been to Just2Many a couple times but the store was moving to a bigger place. One good thing about Just2Many is it is in a flea market. Tons of things to look at besides the store itself. I only got snails from Just2Many but he had some really nice things also. I got to come see the new space you got. Seen a pic on facebook and looks like you got a lot more tanks.

Knowing that small store before not sure how they could of did that without you seeing. Guess you could of been talking to someone but they would of been like a foot behind your back. It is crazy and hope both stores recover.

Its really disappointing to hear that people would do something like this. Im glad to hear that the stores are bouncing back. As to the not posting it on hear its public record so id say post it up so we all know to watch for the guy if we see him in another store

One question would be, are these ending up in the sumps or the tanks? If in the sump, is there a way to protect them from non-employee access? Bird netting (window screen framed with netting), egg crate, or locked off wooden doors to the sump would be a quick stop gap. The tanks, you would most likely see them in there. It sucks to have to do something like that, but until the person(s) are caught, it would be a way to help keep them from getting access to dropping in the washers. Also, with the above, someone would have to spend more time trying to get access. Enough time to get them on camera. Here's a thread on netting http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1661815.

This hasn't happened to any of the stores here in colorado. I think hidden cameras are the best thing. Simply protecting the tanks from attack won't help in the long run. It would be better to just to set up hidden cameras, collect evidence, and take him/ her to court.

I agree with the "yank" - weirdo environmentalist.

Being one of those "weirdo" environmentalist, I would like to represent all the weirdo environmentalists out there. Not all of us are like that, sure we don't agree with some of the habits this hobby has had in the past, like over fishing reefs. I my self have a 90 sps dominant reef aquarium. There's a way to be a weirdo environmentalist and have corals at the same time; MAC and farmed fish. Please don't go out hating on us because of a few jerks out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back