won pro heater, must see

sandimasguy420 said:
these cant be as bad as the glass heater that came out of the water on my sump and caused my tank to catch fire!!!!!!!!

I would say that they can be just as bad. A fire cause by a malfunctioning titanium heater will cause just as much damage as a fire caused by a glass heater. The risk varies depending on the cause of the fire. If it's due to a cracked heater bowl then that is something that will not happen witht he titanium. If it is caused by a leak in the heater then in my opinion it is just as likely or from my personal experiences perhaps even more likely than with an Ebojager. So far I have been shocked by 5 out of 8 titanium heaters, but have never had a shock experience with an Ebojager.

If you think about it, considering the cost of titanium these days, the low cost titanium heater manufacturers must be cutting corners somewhere to make them cost so little. I've gone back to glass, and until quality goes up in the titanium market that is where I'm going to stay.

sandimasguy420 said:
ill be buying a new heater setup from there!

thanks for the link!!!

do you think the 1000wt setup with controller and heating module to put it in will be enough for about 300 gallons of water volume? or is it overkill even?

Call them. They are very helpful!

any update from WON?

i get a nice tingle in my tank with my 500watter in there. i guess i made the right descision to buy a fireplug tho.

chiming in on another 'shocking' experience with these heaters.

I have two 300 watters in a 180 connected to a 150gal sump.
Both connected to a temp controller (I like to have a back-up thermostat on heaters)...after 3-4 months I started getting a very nice jolt when tinkering. So I figured out it was one of the heaters. I replace it with a new 500 watter...I get shocked again and now the GFCI keeps tripping. Replace with a new 500 watter and get shocked again. So now I place a ground probe in my sump, connected to the GFCI to erradicate the problem and WHAM I get shocked from the ground probe...WTF???
Any suggestions anyone?

Thanks,
Bill

dgasmd said:
For the longest time I have been looking for a heater with no controller so I can connect it to my temp controller.
Sounds like you need the Titanium heaters TSH-500 or TSH-1000
check Here

wjgeese said:
chiming in on another 'shocking' experience with these heaters.

I have two 300 watters in a 180 connected to a 150gal sump.
Both connected to a temp controller (I like to have a back-up thermostat on heaters)...after 3-4 months I started getting a very nice jolt when tinkering. So I figured out it was one of the heaters. I replace it with a new 500 watter...I get shocked again and now the GFCI keeps tripping. Replace with a new 500 watter and get shocked again. So now I place a ground probe in my sump, connected to the GFCI to erradicate the problem and WHAM I get shocked from the ground probe...WTF???
Any suggestions anyone?

Thanks,
Bill

Are you getting shocked without being grounded? Like if you stick your hand in the water and touch nothing else and have rubber soled shoes on insulating you from the ground do you still get a shock?

have a WON 350W pro heat heater and the controller started getting eratic. I have it plugger into a controlled so really dont need it. I read somewhere that I can just put on a new plug on it. but, there are two blue wires and two brown in the cord. figure one set must be for the thermstat but cant for the life of me figure which two wires I need and then what to do with the remaining two. this is the closest thread I can find on it.

your help is greatly appreciated.

Tunjee said:
Are you getting shocked without being grounded? Like if you stick your hand in the water and touch nothing else and have rubber soled shoes on insulating you from the ground do you still get a shock?

I dont get shocked when I have rubber soled shoes on, just when I'm in bare feet. Doesnt make much sense for a grounding probe to be shocking does it?

Thanks,
Bill

rbaker said:
Every single Via-Aqua titanium heater i've sold has died within 6 months... Please keep us posted...

Ryan

FWIW-

I've got a 200wt Via-Aqua on my 90 gallon, thats being working just fine for over a year now.

I've too have a Won Pro-Heat Titanium heater... but it broke after a month and I haven't had the time to call them up and see what is up with this thing... maybe I should check for the ground when I'm free.

On a side note... SALTYSEAMAN your avatar is killing me! LOL My eyes were bouncing up and down!!!

I just had two of the WON 200w submersibles (with the dial) go south within a week of each other. I bought both in February, so under a year old. Both failed in the "on" position and tried to cook my livestock.... I'll never buy that brand again.

You're getting excited about nothing, I think. Unless there's soem external metallic surface, the ground isn't doing anything for you. The neutral (white) and ground (green) are electrically the same.

We used to go through this game in the Navy some years ago with the electrical safety program. If you had a stereo or something with with only a 2 prong plug, you had to cut the plug and wire in a 3 prong and add a ground lead to ground the casing.

Well my Won digital finally broke today. Was reading 150f.

I think its just the sensor gone bad. Does anyone know if you can replace this temperature sensor, or where to buy one?

Whats the best reliable heater out there?

Actually it was the temperature sensor. It probably had a short inside the housing.

What i did was use a cheap 15$ digital aquarium thermometers sensor. I cut the old Won sensor off and wired the new one on!

Works great,and back to normal now. :D

Back