• No

Votes: 11 29.7%
  • Maybe

Votes: 4 10.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

waverz

Slave to the reef!
I would like to see how many people would like to buy a GIRS T-shirt, if theres enough interest we could probably get a good deal on them and make some extra $$$ for the club.

If theres enough interest maybe a GIRS T-Shirt design contest would be in order. What do you guys think?

You bet! I never got one last time! I can't even draw stick people though so my designs are def. out!!! :D

Its a great way to promote the hobbie and club! Not like they would be very expensive either....

If you dont want one please explain why.......

I saw the last ones with the names. I thought they were pretty cool. Although I wouldnt want my name on mine.

It looks like there is quite a bit of interest. I like the idea of having the design contest.... I would definitely participate in that.

The last time, researched and designed by tuffy1845, the shirts were great but not cheap. I think they were going to be $20 - $25. Are you thinking of lesser quality or still in that price range? Do you have a source in mind? ect.

I'm very interested in this, and if we can get this high partisipation maybe we can get prices down.

kevin

I was getting shirts made for my old band a few years ago, they were like $7 apiece for full color prints. So i am thinking it would be around $10 apiece. I would never pay $20 for a t-shirt....

It seems like theres enought interest, i think its maybe time to start doing some designs. Any of you graphic artists feel up to it?

Start posting your designs and we will all vote on which one we like best. Just remember to keep the DPI high. We dont want nintendo looking graphics.

:eek1:

The first round of t-shirts were embroidered and a very high quality shirt. If we did an average t-shirt with a simple screen print I can see why they'd be over 10 or 12 a peice

I have a friend in Iowa City that owns a screen printing business. If people get me a design I can look into pricing. I know the more colors in the shirt the more expensive they get. Also he has told me that set up is the most expesive part of the process. So the more you buy the cheaper each shirt becomes.

We should consider uploading our designs to Cafepress.com.

You can print your designs on mugs, coasters, shirts, hats etc. They have shirts ranging from 9 bucks up to 22 bucks.

I bought these sweet coasters here a few years back.

Chris

Waverz has the mad hook up on T - shirt printing ... cheaper than one could imagine if he DOES order them in bulk. I will participate in designing a GIRS shirt - Adobe here I come ! :D

Cafepress is a way to go but my guy would be waaaay cheaper, specially if were wanting to order 20 at a time. Also there is no shipping which is another bonus.

Once we get some artwork done, we can shop around for pricing and see what way would work best.

I would really like to see everyone give Cafepress.com some serious thought. Yes, there is shipping, but if a few people go together it wouldnt be that bad. They also run free shipping specials quite often, the one right now is for any order over $50.

The advantages are, no mininmum order. If someone joins the club later on, how do we get them a T-shirt? You can also do more than just T-shirts, you can get hats, coffee cups, magnets, mouse pads and on and on, plus they do all the work. A basic T-shirt is about $8. All we need to do is get a hi-res image, set up a GIRS store on the CafePress site and thats it.

Again, just something to think about.

Allen

Back