Would you switch from Cipro to Septra DS in midst of treatment?

Tango451

Today is day 5 and will be night 6 tonight since the start of treatment. I am attaching two picture, both taken today. The first picture where the mouth is open more is how he is looking 90% of the time (sometimes it's open more like this morning) and the second picture is how he looks 10% of the time. He looked like this yesterday for about 30 minutes and today for about 15-20 minutes (the picture with the smaller mouth).

So my question is, based on how he is doing from the pictures, would you keep going with the cipro or stop the cipro tonight and begin using septra ds (bactrim 160/800) tonight?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 0
  • image (1).jpg
    image (1).jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 0
And this is a picture from just now (lights are off) dosed with Cipro, want to hear what others say to see if I should switch to septet ds

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 0
I would defer to those with more specific knowledge, but I think it is always wise to do the full course of treatment before trying something else. I'd complete the cipro, then do septra if necessary.

I think it is ok with light. I am running 4 72" t5s (2 65 white and 2 65 blue) over 5 gallons (he only gets about a foot of each light since the ends of the unit hang off). Overall he is doing good, minus his mouth is usually open, he has not deflated or anything, just the mouth. I dropped the temp 2 degrees from 79 to 77 and his mouth closed a little more but still looks like that first picture from the first post.

Also he is still producing the balls/clumps of whatever it is (dead cells I presume) that I am constantly taking out when I see them

Do you have a waterproof camera that we can see side shots and nonbubble ones?

I do actually - been thinking about doing that for awhile. I just need to grab the case and clean it off first. Last night was night 7 with cipro (first two days 10 year old cipro was used and then the latter 5, brand new cipro was used). Not sure if I should put septra in tonight or give him a break. Will try and get underwater pictures to put up tonight

Back