wrecker needed to move tank

mm949

looking for an 18' or larger tilt bed auto wrecker/tow truck to help move an 18ft fish tank in the north burbs...if anyone can help me out please shoot me a pm....thanks

For something that size, it might be easier to rent a flat bed with a chicken wing boom on it. A few slings and something to brace the bottom would be all that is really needed. If you need someone to drive and operate it, send me a PM. 18 ft is probably going to be interesting to move no matter what.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11685529#post11685529 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Engine 7
Take a camera with you when you move that tank.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11685529#post11685529 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Engine 7
Take a camera with you when you move that tank.

They also shouldn't forget the back braces, too... a tank that size just sounds like it'll weigh a ton. ;) :lol:

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11686310#post11686310 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by BlakDuc
Video camera FTW!

Remember, if the tank starts to fall, keep filming it's going to get destroyed anyway. You might as well get it on film!!

moved much harder tanks than this one....only weighs 1400lbs...shouldnt have to do much lifting other than on the stand....NO way the tank is gonna break....but u all can come see it after its up...and drool......

Did you talk to Wildwood Towing yet? Did they decline?

Oh and if you need a camera crew, just let me know!

The steel shop I worked for has boom trucks with big flatbeds for setting beams... I don't remember how much, but they offer an hourly service. We've craned some odd stuff on the truck, drove to the new site and boomed in/up whatever the customer needed.

An option?

Back