WTB: 70W HQI DE Ballast?

ReefLife1680

Looking for 3 70W HQI ballasts that will fire the DE bulbs.

I got 3 150W HQIs but will have heat issues. I need to get rid of them but rather make sure I can buy the 70Ws before I get rid of anything ...

Looking for pref. new ones ... offers? Price? Thanks

raskal311 ... thanks for the heads up but those seem 'defective' to me ... red dot (sorry not willing to take the risk ... maybe that's why it's only $35 LOL).

Anyone else???

I have a new one. Its your for $35 if you what to pick-up in Corona

70W Lumux HID Electronic Ballast
here are the configs. for it

120 vac 60Hz
line current: 0.625A
open circuit voltage: 700VPP
maximum case temperature: 90*c
ATHD < 10%
high power factor > 0.99PF

Thanks Jason

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6914792#post6914792 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by ReefLife1680
raskal311 ... thanks for the heads up but those seem 'defective' to me ... red dot (sorry not willing to take the risk ... maybe that's why it's only $35 LOL).

Anyone else???

ohh I dont know I buy a lot of new stuff with markings on it all the time. I may just means that it has been inspected or counted or something. I guess why take the risk if you dont have too.

Yeah... you gotta take that comment on nano-reef about the "red dots" with a grain of salt (as with most forums or blogs). They are temp tested so it may be true, but who knows!? If you build these into a nice enclosure away from your lights, and ventilate it with a fan you should have no problems. They will last longer too!

thanks everyone ... got them! Sorry Jason, would have bought yours but bought 3 alreay and they were a little closer to me :)

Back