WTB: BREEDING pair of clowns

lotsoftats

guys I was told to post here to see if anybody has a breeding pair of clowns. True percs or GSM. GSM being my first choice.

someone told me that a guy by the name FISHBOY may be able to help me out.

I would need them shipped.

I doubt he would sell a "breeding pair". He is a great guy but is in the buisness as a job of selling his offspring so I dunno if it would be weird asking someone who breeds as a living for some breeder stock to start compeating with him ;).

He does have a passion for breeding fish and the hobby so I may be way offbase on that though. Never hurts to ask I guess. His screen name is fishboy42 but James linked you his store front.

I would say keep an eye out on the selling forums and local club boards for folks breaking down tanks with clowns that are mature would be a good way to get some if Matt can't help ya.

James is on the right track; fishboy is the owner of sustainable aquatics. Very nice guy, great fish. I've got a couple of his percs in my tank (not breeding though)

there were two HUGE gsm's at critter a couple of weeks ago in the zeroedge. $89 for the pair, I don't know if they were breeding, but clearly paired and "of age." Prob gone though.

Fishboy42 I think is his complete RC name. There's a Sustainable Aquatics forum here on RC... you can go ask there if you'd like, Mike. But I would have to agree with Angela... I doubt he's selling any breeding pairs. They can be rather expensive sometimes, too ($400 for a pair or so) if they're already laying.

Good luck though!

Brandon

I agree with Angela and Brandon... If Matt had any breeding pairs they would be busy working and not for sale... ;)

Many of the mated pairs he sells go on to become breeding pairs, but you would have to be patient... There are mature pairs that are out there that would potentially be "breeding pairs" should the proper environment be provided... I'd keep my eye out for someone that has had a pair for 3+ years where the female is of good size and give them a try...

Yep just give them time; I have had mine for about 5years within the first year they breed every week like clockwork. Honestly, do not pay those crazy prices for clowns.. I got mine from two different places $16.00 a piece that’s all you need to par or whatever the norm price is. There is no guarantee that buying a breeding pair would achieve you anything when you change the environment it is very possible they will not breed again.

Just get 1 large clown (Female) and 1 small one (male) and leave it up to them.

The problem I have is that the two clowns I have have been together for at least 5 yrs and they are both the same size I don't think one of them ever changed.

Either trade one of them out or get two others I would get them from different places to try and avoid brother and sister.

There is also the possibility their faith had already been decided LOL they are both females already there is no going back to a male.

And keep in mind just because they are in the same tank does not mean they like each other in that way hmmm kinda sound like my girlfriend LOL.

FWIW, brothers and sisters are not a problem until around the 6th generation I think. :) In fact, I think its fairly common in clowns.

Brandon

Back