WTB Moonlights

Cheap moonlight alternative. I bought a purple tile fish, I was told they are avid jumpers like the blue spot goby's and was told that having moon lights reduces the night jumps so I gave it a try and it seemed to work.

Here's the thing, the moonlight strip already in my tank wasn't working that night so I tried an outdoor solar landscaping light (top only). It works great! It charges with the tank lights & turns itself on at night with the sensor. no wires or a/c power and seems to run bright enough all night! I bought them at Walmart on clearence for $2!

There's a guy on the big auction site that sells them. That's where I got mine. He can custom to anything you want.

I bought a LED kit from Ikea. It includes 4 stripes about 10" long each & they change multiple colors. I'll try to get a movie later tonight but it lights up my 7ft 210 really good.

Colors:
Aqua
Blue
White
Red
Green
& Two more...can't remember....

It is called the DIODER Lighting strip $50

I was thinking about doing the same thing southnash. But I thought it might be a little much for my 90 gal. Not sure if I am going to still do it.

I thought I would need two sets but i'm happy with one... I'll get some pics & post them to let you see..

I was looking for some moonlights as well but all the moonlights I see are blue. I dont understand why the are blue when the moon puts off a white light. I might just be stupid but the blue light dont look right. I would rather have a few white one just to give the tank some light to see at night. I dont want to light up the whole tank, if I did that I would leave my actinics on! Just my point of view.

On my big tank, I have half and half, blue and white, just 6 of the linkable individual LEDs. Looks good...the blue is subdued. I definitely prefer the white, though. I thought about changing to 4 white and 2 blue.

But I have seen some very, very blue "moonlights" that pop like actinics.

This is for my FW planted tank, so blue would look dumb. I am trying to find plain old white ones.

The blue color makes the corals pop but if you want more than just blue then buy the Ikea LED lights.. You can use as many as you need & you can change several colors... White, Blue, Red, etc..

I got 2 LED strips, each with 18 lights & I'm blown away at night...the blue moonlights are incredible & really make corals pop; & that's only at 1/2 power!

I just bought led moonlights from coral corral. Made by Truelumen. $10 for a 3-led strip. $14 for the power supply. Can link the modules together with one power supply. I got 3. Blue or white.

Back