yellow zoas question

zoolover

Hey everyone. I picked up a rock with about 70 yellow zoa polyps on it today. I've never seen yellow zoas in person, only pictures on the internet, and these are simply amazing. They have a yellow center with a super bright yellow skirt. No orange, green, brown, just pure yellow. Has anyone seen anything like these before? Are they quite rare? I was thinking about fragging some out possibly, but I have no idea what I would even ask for them. Anyway, my camera is kind of crappy, but I'm going to try to take some decent pictures of them later today.

Yellow is not rare at all. I'll give you $5 for the whole bunch of them. this way your friends won't come over your house and make fun of you for having yellow zoas...

Just joking.:lol:

Do yourself a favor, don't post the picture here then put the colony up for sale in the buyers forum. People here will flame you bad for that.;) That includes me.:eek1:

Are the yellow zoas or yellow polyps? Do they look like this.

47fdc767.jpg

I dont think yellows are rare. I have seen them at my LFS, and they were all yellow as described. I didnt really care for them much, but each to their own.

fishguy: were they yellow polyps or yellow zoas? I personally have never seen all yellow zoas in person. I have a couple zoas that have either a yellow ring or yellow coloring in them but never all yellow.

Zoolover: do a search for yellow zoas on this forum. There is a long thread about them from a couple of months ago. I will see if i can find it. Ben

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7093411#post7093411 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by furforfour
Those look like they are yellow only because they are bleached.

Bleached?!?! :eek2:

I wanted to post a pic of them today but only about half of them are open. And yes I'm sure these are not yellow polyps. These are surely yellow zoas. Hopefully I'll be able to post a pic tomorrow with my junky camera.

No, they were yellow zoos, I am a real zoo freak like you guys, I have all kinds of blues and all. Just not into yellows, I dont know, again, each to thier own.

there was someone on RC that had true yellow zoas. mindblowingly yellow zoa, not parazoa's. Man, I wish I had some. I'd pay, well, a lot for tru yellows. Vetter's are close, but the ones I saw had the same yellow as the mouth on his all over the polyps. crazy!

It was the ones you posted on zoaID.

You mean the link from where I saw them on RC? it was one of the really popular threads but the search function doesnt work for me. :(

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7093411#post7093411 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by furforfour
Those look like they are yellow only because they are bleached.

i got some solid yellows that look amazing, not bleached at all

Well I have a flat rock with about 70 yellow zoo's. They have a yellow skirt, greyish/light blue ring and then a yellow center. The LFS had another rock as well. So I wouldn't say they are all that rare. Besides who cares, you like them right, so enjoy them.

Back