Yet another Blue Tang Malady

1SaltCreep

This poor tang has been thru a lot. Now, she has some sort of lesion on her tail. It seems to be healing, since it began with a cotton-like puffiness on both sides. This made me think fungus was the cause at first. But then the puffiness disappeared, leaving what looks like an open lesion. I've had no joy in finding similar maladies online, so I'm hoping someone on this forum may have some experience with it?

Attachments

• Tail Issue.jpg
    Tail Issue.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 0
This poor tang has been thru a lot. Now, she has some sort of lesion on her tail. It seems to be healing, since it began with a cotton-like puffiness on both sides. This made me think fungus was the cause at first. But then the puffiness disappeared, leaving what looks like an open lesion. I've had no joy in finding similar maladies online, so I'm hoping someone on this forum may have some experience with it?

Looks like bacterial infection. I would do a large water change and monitor progress throughout the week.

I had a similar issue with a blue tang however the tail had split. Kept an eye on it and it ended up being fine.

Back