Zoa Pox - cant shake them.

matthewscars

ve had Zoa pox for months on various zoas. Ive treated Furan II multiple times to all of my zoas.

I cant get the things to go away perminately. I treat, they go away, then they come back.

Ive read about flow and light. But im at a loss at what EXACTLY to do here. I put them in more flow, less flow, more light, less light. and same thing.

Some zoas seem immune to the pox, while others get it all the time.

I guess im looking for ideas. Ive been dosing Vit C for a week now so maybe another round of Furan and keep the VC up. other than that, help :\

Stats:
90g
420 - 450 cal
1200 mag
8-9 alk
81.8.3 ph
T5 lights with guiessman (sp?) bulbs

Did you treat ALL the polyps? Cause that has happend to me before where I treat most of the polyps then I miss a couple of frags that actually had it still in the tank, then a few months later it pops up again?

yeah i treat all that have it. it would be impossible for me to treat all of them even if they didnt have it.

I guess im screwed. my VC dosing does not seem to be helping. but i am soon switching to the powder. i currently use kent marine C liquid. its my hail mary pass.

i have a rock wall and other sps all near the top. best i can do is drain my sump 30g (25g net).

So i mean, just do them weekly or kick it up to every 3-4 days?

There isn't enough VC in that whole bottle of Kent to help. Definately get the powder & get your dosing up to 100ppm. Worked for my pox, a,long with Fuan--only took 3 dippings & I've been keeping the VC up high to prevent reoccurance--especially since it was my Purple Hornets that were afflicted.

yeah, i actually ordered the buffered powder and im just waiting for it to come in.

you did 100ppm for how long? after the pox are gone what did you drop it to?

Since I have frags coming in & out of that tank & I want them to heal well, I have continued dosing 1/4 tsp in my 15g frag tank for about a month now. My most expensive frags are in there & I have no issues keeping it at that.

You must start at 5ppm & work your way up every 3 days by the dosing chart in the VC thread. If you find the water gets cloudy or brown slime starts building up, cut the dosing in half & work your way up again.

Back