Zoa Pox

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14853981#post14853981 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Pufferpunk
I do use higher doses of VC in my QT, than in my main tanks. Mostly since many frags I place in there have been freshly fragged or moved from another tank when newly purchased (stressed). I really don't do much else, unless they start looking poorly or won't open, then they get a Furan or iodine dip.
Pufferpunk, I read the somewhat cryptic information on coralpedia about Furan 2 usage on pox. I don't have any immediate issues but am planning ahead so I can act quickly and be prepared. How do you do your dips? Ratio of water / Furan 2, duration of the dip, how many and over what period of time? Any specifics / do's & don'ts would be appreciated. Do you ever add it to your QT or do you always use it as a dip? Sorry for all the questions but you seem to be well versed.

Thanks.

I would never add it to my QT--only the high doses of VC. I do Furan dips with powdered BiFuran+ (purchased at Coral Reef). I use a Salifert spoon to scoop out a spoonful/cup of tank water & soak 20-30 minutes. then place back into their QT.

im currently treating all my zoas with the furan and IT SUCKS!!
i have appr. 8 gallons of water in a 20gal tank with a heater and powerhead. almost all of the colonies/frags go in there after i dip them in a bucket with the furan. should i or can i add Vit C to the QT as well? i already add it to my display. thanks!

Do they have to go in a qt? can you just put them back in the tank if your treating all your zoos?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14869855#post14869855 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Pufferpunk
I do Furan dips with powdered BiFuran+ (purchased at Coral Reef). I use a Salifert spoon to scoop out a spoonful/cup of tank water & soak 20-30 minutes. then place back into their QT.
Are there any advantages to BiFuran+ in the powdered form vs. Furan2. Maybe more cost effective?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14871867#post14871867 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by mystery_reef
also, how often should i change the water in my QT? if at all?
I would suggest a partial water change weekly. QT tanks are usually smallish (10 - 20 gallons) so to do a water change bringing in water from your DT when you do a water change on it or fresh from your newly mixed supply of salt water is not a big exercise. Also, I like to add medications according to the timing of my water changes.

Back