Zoanthids are MAD!!

I would dip them in bayer and give them more flow. They r closed up tight like something is bugging (haha) them... Sorry bad joke.

How long have they been closed?

They were just dipped and I took the picture so that's why they might seem a bit agitated. Some polyps where open and some where closed. But it's been ongoing for a couple weeks now.

Furan is for bacterial infections and typically used for zoa pox. You have algae. 10% Peroxide 90% tank water. 5-10 min in a cup - make the polyps close up before dipping. This is effective against all algaes except frickin Ulva... Repeat in a couple days if needed. Your polyps look chubby so they ought to recover quickly.
If you haven't been blasting them, start using a turkey baster daily to loosen the film. When the film sloughs off, the polyps ought to open again.

Peroxide dip will get rid of it. I've tried blowing it off every day but I usually just dip them now.

Alright. Last night I did a 1-10 peroxide dip and left them in there for about 8 mins. I swished them around and used a turkey baster to try and pry some stuff loose. I'll post pictures tonight on progress :)

Back