10 gal fuge and 10 gal sump...Thoughts??

twilson2003

Ok here is my situation...I have right now a 10 sump/fuge, and just aquired another 10gal...I was going to try to set up a sepearate fuge and sump now...My problem is space...So am probably going to have to set the 10 fuge on top of the sump, making a T...Its for my 105RR with a single overflow on the left side...Attached is a CRUDE diagram of my setup with the 10 Gallon on top...I dont have any baffles or anything like that in the 10 gallons, but I do have plexi to make some...Thanks for any ideas!!!

Attachments

• 10 by 10.pdf
    22.8 KB · Views: 0
I'd be worried about the weight of the fuge on top of the sump. It would be a good idea to build a small stand for it out of wood. Shouldn't be too hard to do, but with 1/8" glass i wouldn't put anything that heavy on top of it. A 10gal with 5 or so gallons of water weighs roughly 40-50 pounds.

Yeah I wasnt sure about that either, and the more i thought about it the more I thought that I will be building a small stand for it, which wouldnt take up much space at all...Thanks for the Idea! I am also probably going to use an extra overflow box with U pipe thing instead of drilling a little 10gal, since I know they are VERY thin glass and can crack easily...That will also control the water level a little better in the refugium...Oh and I think I am going to split the line from the tank with a ball valve to the refugium AND the sump to control flow into the fuge a little better...

Any other modifications or thoughts????

Yah good plan on splitting the drains. I have 1 drain going to my 10gal sump, the other to my 6gal fuge.

Back