1000 Gallon Build- Here we go- Lots of Pictures

Having a system that makes you and the family happy is what this hobby is all about don't try to let people tell you otherwise. Would love to see some pics of the new puffers.

Next house? Did you take the offer to sell this one.

No. didn't take the offer. However we are building a spec home. Hoping not to lose my *** on it. In the future who knows what will come but if I ever have the chance, I will drop 250k on my fish room without blinking an eye! :)

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Just had a friend who is a Nazi about QT get ich in his frag tank (200 gallons).
QT.

Seriously?? Are you making an analogy to the Nazi's being thorough or something? Please explain *** you meant by that hopefully ignorant statement.

Seriously?? Are you making an analogy to the Nazi's being thorough or something? Please explain *** you meant by that hopefully ignorant statement.

Or you could not try stirring up crap on someone else's thread about something someone said 3 months ago...

On topic, glad to hear the tanks doing better and your and your family is happy with it. I can imagine those losses would have hurt a lot.

No. didn't take the offer. However we are building a spec home. Hoping not to lose my *** on it.

In the future who knows what will come but if I ever have the chance, I will drop 250k on my fish room without blinking an eye! :)

Just find and hire Mr. Wilson. He definitely knows his stuff and would probably save you some money in the long run.

So for now, Ive got a bunch of tangs and angels. Might add a few triggers. Put in a few large puffers and while its not a reef, it is bringing joy back into maintaining the tank again. Family is happy and I am happy.

Sounds very cool. What species do you have now? I think the addition of triggers will be very cool. They are so fun to have and watch. But stay clear of the undulated and clown triggers!

Sounds very cool. What species do you have now? I think the addition of triggers will be very cool. They are so fun to have and watch. But stay clear of the undulated and clown triggers!

I have a bunch of tangs- yellow, naso, purple, blue. Got a bunch of small schooling fish. Blue Angel - waiting on a french angel. dogface and porpucline puffer. I have two niger triggers

I seriously want a tiny baby clown trigger. I know they are brutal when bigger but my bigger tank may be fine for them. Not yet sure on this.

Any triggers on particular you have in mind?

I have two niger triggers so far. Debating on others - like I mentioned above, maybe a clown. Will see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very cool!!

Thanks. Its been a journey.

Been watching your build since I left for Korea a couple years ago! Since have moved from Texas to Indiana and unfortunately don't have the time for a tank until retirement (18 months to go!) Have stayed off RC because it inspires me...lol. Got back on and it has been a pleasure to read all the posts! Keep on keeping on! Great Tank!

I have a bunch of tangs- yellow, naso, purple, blue. Got a bunch of small schooling fish. Blue Angel - waiting on a french angel. dogface and porpucline puffer. I have two niger triggers

I seriously want a tiny baby clown trigger. I know they are brutal when bigger but my bigger tank may be fine for them. Not yet sure on this.

I'd love a clown too!! So risky

Hi Socal
Glad to see you updating the thread.
Do you have a Goldflake angel in your tank? My favourite fish :)
Are you able to post updated pictures of your DT and sump, interested to see now they are much more mature.
I was wondering so have to ask, if you were to sell and move on, is your current tank included in the sale...

Been watching your build since I left for Korea a couple years ago! Since have moved from Texas to Indiana and unfortunately don't have the time for a tank until retirement (18 months to go!) Have stayed off RC because it inspires me...lol. Got back on and it has been a pleasure to read all the posts! Keep on keeping on! Great Tank!

Good luck with retirement. Hope you get the opportunity to build a great tank!

I'd love a clown too!! So risky

I know right? Will see how it goes. Right now I have two niger triggers. A clown would be a great addition.

Hi Socal
Glad to see you updating the thread.
Do you have a Goldflake angel in your tank? My favourite fish :)
Are you able to post updated pictures of your DT and sump, interested to see now they are much more mature.
I was wondering so have to ask, if you were to sell and move on, is your current tank included in the sale...

No glodflake angel but might have to check it out. I'll post photos but not much has changed. I'm actually going to be rewiring everything and cleaning it all up. Things have gotten a bit messy and I don't like messy.

If and when we sell the house, I will take nothing with me. I will include it with the sale of the house and start from scratch. So many things I've learned and will do it better next time. Love my tank but it would cost me more to pull everything out instead of just Leaving and starting from scratch.

The little clown triggers would be cool for a little while but they grow fast and will definitely pick off its tank mates.

How is the tank coming along? Those of us who live through your tank progress are missing you...lol.

Sorry guys- have been busy. Will try to get some new tank shots in soon. Have been distracted with another project. Will post pics of that too. Picking up today after having clear bra and the roof wrapped. ��

I'm cleaning up and consolidating if any locals need some supplies/equipment. I have the following for sale:

Reef Genesis water change system. Works great but I'm using just a pump now
Bucket of bulk reef supply soda ash
5 gallon jug of alkilinty all mixed up
Bucket of bulk reef supply calcium chloride
Apex dosing containers
Sea side aquatics dosing containers

As mentioned I'm not running a reef- fish only so just trying to clean up. Make me an offer and come by a and pick up. I'm not shipping so local pick up only please.

Pm me

Thx

Back