1050 Gallon Tank Pics

ATTENTION PEOPLE:

News Flash!

THE AQUARIUM HOBBY HAS OFFICIALLY REACHED THE POINT OF PERFECTION!

thank you for listening!

GASP LOUDLY!... I see an Achilles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
in your 180! very nice! :)

as for the 750.... ( a moment of silence ).....

I have to leave NOW... the ambulience is on its way.. be back in a few days!

This is a acryllic aquarium and Thank You all for the nice comments it has been a lot of work to get it to this point I added the Watanbi Angel and the CrossHatch Triggers to the main system I will get some pics up in the next few days of them.

Re: Come play in our sandbox folks!!

Re: Come play in our sandbox folks!!

avansickle said:
Aruba, are you up for a challenge? We have a thread going with videos..can you come play so we keep the interest going? I'm sure it would blow everything else out of the (clearing throat) water! PLEEEEZE!?!?!?

This is the thread (all else welcome too of course! We need 'help' over there).

REEF VIDEO THREAD!

Also, many are posted in one concise place list here:
Reefmonkey Video List

Aruba..reminder - we are trying to 'recruit' you for videos!!

Also, what happened to the school of 57 anthias? I haven't caught up on all the news lately!

Aruba- it's your fault man. The 108"x
48" x 32" is now in the garage and the
equipment planning is in the early stages
and I blame this thread for it-thanks bro.
Besides water changes, do use any thing
else for po4 removal? Do you like the
hammerhead pumps, do you think they
would be good for closed loops? Crosshatch
triggers are sweet-goodluck with 'em

Ummm... well it is probably a question you are not suppose to ask, but since you stole my dream tank its the least that you owe me. How much did it cost you, estimatation of the whole thing. I have to have a target zone to shoot for!

smoney said:
Ummm... well it is probably a question you are not suppose to ask, but since you stole my dream tank its the least that you owe me. How much did it cost you, estimatation of the whole thing. I have to have a target zone to shoot for!

ALOT... I am putting together a 600gal Display (96x48x30) and I would say I am up to like 10-12k easy and I still have to get my lighting, and few other smaller things... Also you need to look at the monthly maintenance cost, that can be a few hundred right there...

Shawn

I think the hawaiian bicolor anthias are some of the best looking anthias and easiest to keep. I see them when i dive all the time, and it is just amazing. There colors (well the ones i see and at the LFS here on Oahu) are insanely bright pink and yellow. Plus they are cheap for me :)

again, beautiful tank. Keep the pics coming, especially of the new tenants :)

asnatlas said:
ALOT... I am putting together a 600gal Display (96x48x30) and I would say I am up to like 10-12k easy and I still have to get my lighting, and few other smaller things... Also you need to look at the monthly maintenance cost, that can be a few hundred right there...

Shawn

can you itemize your basic equipment costs?

chainsaw5vent said:
can you itemize your basic equipment costs?

I have this thread posted to track my project, I have been working alot so I don't have much on it right now, but it will be picking up in the next wk or two... I don't want to hijack this thread, so please visit the the link...

Shawn

aquarium - 15000.
skimmer-4000
calc reactor-1500.
lighting- 6000
chiller-1800
pumps and plumbing-1000
Live rock- 8000
sand-1500
salt for 1000 gallons-600
rodi-for water- 800
Tunze's- 2000
Magnavore Magnet -350.

This is a basic list of what I remember paying and some of the sticker shock I had when I started getting it all some of this is a liitle high or low but I think you are looking for a Idea on cost for something like this so here is the basic set-up keep in mind that you will also have a nice electric bill to go with it and salt and ro-di filters, to buy on a monthly basis, and you have not added a fish or coral yet.

aruba1334 said:
aquarium - 15000.
skimmer-4000
calc reactor-1500.
lighting- 6000
chiller-1800
pumps and plumbing-1000
Live rock- 8000
sand-1500
salt for 1000 gallons-600
rodi-for water- 800
Tunze's- 2000
Magnavore Magnet -350.

This is a basic list of what I remember paying and some of the sticker shock I had when I started getting it all some of this is a liitle high or low but I think you are looking for a Idea on cost for something like this so here is the basic set-up keep in mind that you will also have a nice electric bill to go with it and salt and ro-di filters, to buy on a monthly basis, and you have not added a fish or coral yet.

:eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2:

WOW !!! That adds up to about 43k...

Shawn

Yeah I could of bought the porsche but hey I enjoy this a lot more:) I think you could do it for less I went 1000 watt lights, a deltec skimmer because I knew I was going to spend more on fish and corals and I wanted to have any coral I wanted and meet or exceed the requirements also have over a hundred fish without a problem in this system.

more pics

more pics

66655IMG_5704__2__Small.JPG
66655IMG_5706__2__Small.JPG
66655IMG_5713__2__Small.JPG
66655IMG_5834__2__Small.JPG

Here are a few new editions to the aquarium

Back