1050 Gallon Tank Pics

Wow that is a gorgeous tank. I was wondering how you get to stuff in the middle of tank, how you change your corals around when it's so big.

Most of the corals I have in here are glued at the base so I do not do alot of moving them around I tried to leave myself space for them to grow but I did not plan on them growing as fast as they are so I do have to frag some of them but for the most part it is untouched.

How did you glue them, did you just hop inside your tank with a bathing suit? How would you get to corals to frag them?

I actually need a small step ladder to reach the back of it, but keep in mind my live rock is stacked all the way up the back wall and most of the corals are in the upper two thirds of the aquarium so I can reach them if needed, I just turn off the pumps, my lights come down in seconds and I can get to what ever I need to. As far as what I used I think it was marineland.

Wow! Your tank represents a completely different hobby than the one I play at! You are a Master of Reefkeeping.

nice crosshatches! It kinda looks like 2 females in the picture... Any more of the male? Did you get a pair of flames or just the male?

dgasmd-

I did get some more anthias as of today I have 8 bi-colors and 2 pictilas in quarantine and they are eating so hopefully they make it through, I have added some new wrasses and a big naso tang and some wantanbi and potters angels to the main system and they are doing good, I got some new lens for my Cannon rebel xt so I am going to get some more pictures up in the next few days.

Zemmuron,

I have three female crosshatch's in the main system I have yet to find a male or at least a male that is priced right when I do I will be putting him in there, as far as the flame wrasses I have 4 males and a female and I want more these are some of my favorite wrasses.

Looks really great!

do you think we could get a list of the fairy wrasses you have in the tank at the moment?

maybe a full fish list?

thanks and looking foward to the new pics!

Nick

Great tank

How do you keep up with the SPS over shadowing other corals? Are your lights at different angles to keep up with this, or are they all pointing straight down? Whats your biggest colony thx keep those pics comeing love to see more

Thanks so much for the pictures, your tank is out of this world. It should be tank of the month. Thank you for sharing I njoyed seeing all the pictures. Best to you, and your tanks

fish list

fish list

Angels-
blueface 1
majestic 1
potters 1
coral beauty 1
Watannbi female 1

Anthias- 2 bi colors
2 royal grammas
1 black blenny
1 twospot candy hogfish
4 tomato clowns
2 percula clowns
3 crosshatch triggers
2 mandarin gobies
3 lineatus wrasses
1 yellowheaded goby
5 mystery wrasses
8 orange bar wrasses
1 brazillian Golden Moray eel
2 dwarf morays
3 sixline wrasses
2 eightline wrasses
3 yellowflanked wrasses
1 scotts wrasse
1 pink dottyback
1 finespotted wrasse
2 pink margin wrasses
2 rhomboid wrasses
1 yellow puffer
7 purple tangs
2 mimic tangs
1 naso tang
2 pink spotted gobies
1 bluespot watchman
1 orange spotted watchman
5 flame wrasses

I do not keep the large angels or the golden puffer in the main display they are in the 300 gallon sump so they have plenty of room to get around. I do not have any pics done but I will get some up soon. As far as keeping up with the growth I frag corals as needed and attach them in other places or give some away to friends I have some corals that are pretty good size I have a colt coral in the back corner that is 2.5 ft high and close to 1.5 ft wide that grew from a small 5 inch peice, I have some table acros over a foot wide that are growing very well, My lights are pointed straight down but with the luminarc reflectors there is nothing that is not lit up.

Great to revisit this thread.So many awesome pics.
I would second--or third--the recommendation for Bartlett anthias. They are hardy, deal with an established aquarium of fish better than most, have a lot of personality and are all around better adapted to captive care than most anthias.
I noticed in your fish list tat you didn't have the usual big tank school of Chromis. Did you ever try any?
You mentioned at oine point you were only running two of the pumps on the Deltec 1004 because it was over-skimming. I didn't know it was possible to over-skim. I'd be interested to hear what that's about and whether the skimmer is now fully operational and how you like it.

I would love some bartletts and they are on the wish list with a few other things, Chromis will be one of the last things added I still have a lot of fairy wrasses I want as far as the skimmer I have it up to 3 pumps running but not full power, when I bought it I think deltec advertised that with the AP1003 3 pumps would do 900 gallons on a heavy load, and I thought with what I want to have I will need 4 and more so when I saw doug at the IMAC convention he had it set-up with 4 pumps I jumped on it thinking with the four pumps it will be allright for now, I can upgrade later I didn't realize this skimmer is a beast it will handle twice what I have and ask for more nog. I have not been able to turn the fourth pump on yet if I did it would overskim so much I would have water all over the floor from it running out the top so by overskimmimg I mean it will drain your sump very quickly if you are not careful. I am impressed with the skimmer and Doug's service was second to none all the way through the set-up and afterwards, I would recommend the deltec products to anyone.

Back