120G Megaflow, Genuine Southdown Sand - Sheboygan Falls, WI

Schmev

Premium Member
Triyng to post in our Official website, but I got an email basically telling me I'm Commericial rather than Hobbyist. I've still got my WRS membership card stating I joined in 2003, and I'm only trying to sell an unused aquarium and some sand for someone to get started. Hardly a business, more like freeing up some space before winter that someone else could get some enjoyment out of. I did enjoy the monthly WRS meetings and the several annual Xmas and Summer Parties when I had aquariums set up.

So, here's a Copy/Paste from the my friends in the FRV club forum here on RC http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1751211
------------------------------------

Bought this from a member in Madison a few years ago. It's been sitting unused for ages, and it seems like a real waste IMO. It deserves to be admired!

The stand is overbuilt, but the trim was in poor shape when I aquired it and since I haven't gotten around to setting it up I never replaced it. Would be an easy job though, I'm sure. My plans were to go In-Wall, so it was of no concern to me.

Will throw in the unopened bag of the real Southdown Sand, as it was before being nearly impossible to find! Planned to seed it with other member's live sand whenever I'd get around to setting this up.

Would've loved to keep it around for when I can someday afford to buy a lighting system and build an appropriate sump system with stock tubs. Looking for first $350, now that the weather is getting more wintery. I work 2nd shift, also company Xmas party Saturday. Early afternoon Saturday, or most of Sunday works best for me. Of course, mornings work during the week as well. Please email me at jeremy.hendricks@gmail.com

Triyng to post in our Official website, but I got an email basically telling me I'm Commericial rather than Hobbyist. I've still got my WRS membership card stating I joined in 2003, and I'm only trying to sell an unused aquarium and some sand for someone to get started. Hardly a business, more like freeing up some space before winter that someone else could get some enjoyment out of. I did enjoy the monthly WRS meetings and the several annual Xmas and Summer Parties when I had aquariums set up.

The Wisconsin Reef Society does have some rules for posting in their buy/sell forum similar to Reef Central's. Membership is also due on a yearly basis like most reef clubs. Don't know all the details as to why you were labeled as a commercial poster. Shoot me a PM.

For Aquaria related items, you must have 30 posts in the forums before you can create "Sell threads" in the Buy, Sell, Trade forum. Posts such as (cool, very cool, ditto, sweet, etc) do not apply towards a 30 post count. Our mission is the exchange of hobby information, not commerce, and the Buy, Sell, Trade forum is a perk for those members who support the mission of the Wisconsin Reef Society.

For Non-Aquaria related items, you must have 50 posts in the forums before you can create "Sell threads" in the Buy, Sell, Trade forum. Posts such as (cool, very cool, ditto, sweet, etc) do not apply towards a 50 post count. Our mission is the exchange of hobby information, not commerce, and the Buy, Sell, Trade forum is a perk for those members who support the mission of the Wisconsin Reef Society.

The above rules do not apply to WRS Paid MEMBERS, as they have already contributed.

The Wisconsin Reef Society does have some rules for posting in their buy/sell forum similar to Reef Central's. Membership is also due on a yearly basis like most reef clubs. Don't know all the details as to why you were labeled as a commercial poster. Shoot me a PM.

For Aquaria related items, you must have 30 posts in the forums before you can create "Sell threads" in the Buy, Sell, Trade forum. Posts such as (cool, very cool, ditto, sweet, etc) do not apply towards a 30 post count. Our mission is the exchange of hobby information, not commerce, and the Buy, Sell, Trade forum is a perk for those members who support the mission of the Wisconsin Reef Society.

For Non-Aquaria related items, you must have 50 posts in the forums before you can create "Sell threads" in the Buy, Sell, Trade forum. Posts such as (cool, very cool, ditto, sweet, etc) do not apply towards a 50 post count. Our mission is the exchange of hobby information, not commerce, and the Buy, Sell, Trade forum is a perk for those members who support the mission of the Wisconsin Reef Society.

The above rules do not apply to WRS Paid MEMBERS, as they have already contributed.

maybe there should be a rule about having to live in wisconsin too? could keep some of the useless info out?

Back