2014 BoD Nominations

I agree with Sass, it was good to here the standpoint from the nominee's. Sounds like some good things are in store for the Club in the future....

Hi my name is Franky and I like to fart while cleaning my basement sump that way when people come down and ask what the heck is that smell I tell them oh that .......I was just uhhhhh.......emptying my skimmer cup that thing reeks. Oh wait wrong thread this is for bod positions not to be confused with B.O.D. = bodily odor disfunction lmao lol. Sorry got bored never mind muahaha

Hi my name is Franky and I like to fart while cleaning my basement sump that way when people come down and ask what the heck is that smell I tell them oh that .......I was just uhhhhh.......emptying my skimmer cup that thing reeks. Oh wait wrong thread this is for bod positions not to be confused with B.O.D. = bodily odor disfunction lmao lol. Sorry got bored never mind muahaha

Perfect campaign speech from the Club Clown :wildone:

If possible, it might be a good idea for the candidates to be at the next meeting. Especially for new members, this would give them an opportunity to put a face to the name and have an opportunity to meet the candidates. Not looking for politcal rehtoric (bullsh**), lord knows we have enough of that coming from congress, but an opportunity to ask candidates any questions they may have. Just a thought.

If possible, it might be a good idea for the candidates to be at the next meeting. Especially for new members, this would give them an opportunity to put a face to the name and have an opportunity to meet the candidates. Not looking for politcal rehtoric (bullsh**), lord knows we have enough of that coming from congress, but an opportunity to ask candidates any questions they may have. Just a thought.

Franky's photos are on page one, please soak up that face, as it will provide many hours of laughter

I'm there as usual:) who wouldn't want to win a led fixture. Icy has a cool topic ;-)

Last edited:

You got my vote!!!

Really!!! Wow this is getting crazy with all these request next thing you know they'll have to bring in a résumé their last 3 years W2's and proof of CT residency. It's a club people popularity contest or not as long as the job gets done and outlook is positive and progressive in surprised people aren't just saying you know what forget it I change my mind lol. The best laid out plans on paper can go nowhere too. Food for thought speaking of food who wants pizza!!!

Well, now that my computer is over its disease I can finally put together a little campaigning for you guys.

I'm running for VP this year because I felt a lack of action this year. I have only been a member for a short while, but in that time, I have gotten to know many of you personally. My main spot to meet new members when I was also new was the meetings.

I plan to bring back a LOT more order to how the meetings are run. I think we should still have a member's only raffle. There is not a lot of benefit to actually buying in to be a member currently. You can join RC tomorrow, see the meeting, and then come and win the big prize. While that may be good for that one person, the club does not benefit much from it. I'd also like to bring back nametags. It was suggested in this month's thread, and I agree that this should be happening at every CTARS get-together (within reason)

I always have activities brewing around in my head, and I don't want to really go spilling the beans. If you'd really like to know, feel free to ask me in person. But take my frag swap as a hint of what I'm kicking around up there.

If voted VP, I will really focus on the members of the club working together. If we want to move a meeting, great. But just asking to move a meeting isn't really enough to work with. I think if approached with a possible location, the idea can be taken much more seriously. I've also been thinking about the possibility of having two "mini-meetings" in different locations, if the topic has gained enough interest.

The website needs to be changed. 100% no questions asked. I think we should use RC to entice newer members to join in the club and conversation, but the website should be the real place to get CTARS information. Updated site discounts, updated tank profiles, and a complete layout change. Having to bypass a flash intro to access the website is a real pain for a lot of mobile users. I can personally update the site, if we have no other options.

The Lutz tank, is how we represent our club to the rest of the world, and last time I remember, there was ONE person working on the tank. I think a Lutz tank update at the meetings would be a good idea. A monthly report of what's in there, what's changed, and if there's anything needed.

But this all comes down to the fact that if elected, I will do my best to keep the BOD working as a team. I can promise you 1,000 things, but none of it will come to life without the cooperation of the entire BOD. I will not let a BOD, with me in it, be stagnant.

I really enjoy being part of this club, and whether elected or not, my activity in the club will not change. However, I do think that I have what it takes to be Vice President of CTARS. If you have any questions I haven't answered here, please feel free to PM me. I know for a fact, I'm no good at campaigning.

Back