260 gallon (96x24x26) reef and fish room upgrade

Yes. It's the same as the one installed by the tank company. Very thick seal.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Awesome, thanks for the feedback! I was looking at the uniseals from BRS but would rather have a bulkhead. This will help with my WC station.

To recap on my lighting, I got the 4 Kessils primarily for shimmer and UV. I knw in the planning stages that I did not want LED to be the sole source of light and that I would supplement with T5. I ordered 4 LET T5 retro kits (8 bulbs total) when I got the Kessils and they sat in my closet for months before I finally got around to building this light and installing them!

First thing I had to do was to change out the GIANT bulb connectors that came with the kit. They were so big that I could not get the lights to fit across the fixture so I opted for some smaller ones.

These things are enormous by comparison.

Ballasts and wiring are all housed in that center channel with the Kessil lights.

The new connectors also allowed me to run wires directly through the bottom of the connector, which resulted in a nice clean look with no wires showing. I used stainless steel screws for the entire build to minimize any rust.

This was my first time wiring ballasts but once I got the 1st one wired up, the other 3 went fast.

Finally, I hung the light. I modified and used the wire hanger I had from my previous Tek T5 light on my 150g. It's almost identical to the Aqua Illumination Wire Hanging Kit I've seen online at BRS.
Sorry for the glare in this shot.

Up close..

Just Kessil lights.

T5 & Kessil

FTS with all lights.

I am going to work on getting some PAR readings in the near future so I can figure out final fixture height and plan out sps coral placements. For now, the brighter light created a small diatom bloom which is already going away. More importantly, it is making me realize I need some SPS coral in this tank!! :lolspin:

No fear though, I did some LPS shopping just recently, including a trip to World Wide Corals so I will post some coral pics in the next update.

Back