320 Arrived from Texas...

Ted_C

My AGE 320 gallon custom aquarium and steel stand arrived today from Texas. FAOIS helped me unload it off the truck. The beast is heavy! Sorry for the Potatoe Quality...

For those interested -= I had doubts when FAOIS was talking to me about the tank - the stainless steel rims, the PVC bottom, etc. But now that I'm seeing it - I'm quite happy with it. It's got some of that "tough stuff" coating for the rims (i.e. Rhino Lining).

2015_01_08_320_Arrive_1.jpg

2015_01_08_320_Arrive_2.jpg

2015_01_08_320_Arrive_3.jpg

Sweet tank cant wait to see running .....how is you setup going to be. bare bottom or sand ....mixed reef or just sps...ect.....

Whats the idea behind the bottom?

I think it's more weight than anything... Stronger and crack resistant too. I believe they route a channel into the PVC and set the panes in the channel. Ted would have to confirm though as I've only read that.

Glad you like it. IMO, the best fabricator in the business is AGE. As always, thank you for the support.

how is you setup going to be. bare bottom or sand
I like bare bottom as its so much easier to maintain.
It'll be SPS only w/ fish and I might by back my Squamosa I sold to FAOS - with a couple of softies or LPS if they catch my eye.

The tank is 96" long, 32" wide (to fit my big sump) and 24" high. The stand was custom made steel with the same sizes and 44" high. It's also three sided low-iron.

I did not want to be limited by tank size when I make my fish stocking choices.

Whats the idea behind the bottom?
as far as I know, Cuzza has it right. One added benefit is cost as well as weight.

How long did it take to build the tank from when you ordered it until you got it?

I started the process in October with an in-home consultation about size and placement. I think we had plans drawn up and paid for at the end of October (Oct 21). FAOIS called last week to arrange freight.

Note - this also included a custom steel stand as well.

I was thinking of a small internal coast to coast overflow (maybe 2" wide x 90 some inches long x 8.5" high) siliconed into the tank. 1.5" bulk heads will transport the water out of the internal overflow into an external overflow. That'll be big enough to put in one 1.5" beananimal overflow.

Returns - I was thinking of two darts off of the sump to feed 4 total sea swirls.

Internal - I'm waiting on the XF170 Maxspect Gyre - probably run two of them - I might also run two MP 40's on the back wall.

Lighting: Already have 2x Pacific Sun Pandora S2-2 models - 4x 39 W T5 + 2x 145W LEDs. That should provide for plenty of coverage across the span of the tank. I'm also running a Pandora S-3 model on my frag / quarantine tank (the 150 I got from JMonk - haven't gotten it running yet). So the lights will match in intensity and style.

Sump: I already have my custom sump I was planning on running on my 120 - it's 24x48x 19 - it should have plenty of capacity to handle all my needs.

Skimmer - ready have my Avast CS3 w/ dual Sicce 1000.

Already have my Filter socks of course

I may get an additional DC pump to run a chiller and a UV and future lines for possible reactors (although - I don't see any reactors in my future). This additional pump will also be my water change routine w/ a PVC Venturi (http://www.millerplastics.com/eductors) set-up so I can siphon the display and the sump back into the filter socks or via a water change.

I'm still tossing around the idea of a sand bottom. Why should I limit my fish choices w/ a bare bottom?

I still also need a new Apex for this set-up (I have one - but it's going on my 150 Frag/quarantine).

Back