40 breeder build thread. It's centered around my clownfish!

actually a few. Not really anything new.

Here are a couple pics

first is Bonnie and Clyde. Sorry they weren't very photogenic. But you can see how thick they've gotten over the last year. They still aren't laying yet :rolleyes: and I'm still surprised that they are roughly the same size of each other.

047.jpg

My feeding tuperware. I feed and then cover so the nassarius and cleaner shrimp don't steal!...lol

033.jpg

Here is the right side of the 40. You can see the white tubes of the worms and stuff starting to spread. Not real exciting, but I get a kick out of it. This was all dead rock last fall.

029.jpg

yea those are my acans. I also have a Miami Hurricane chalice. It wasn't under the container, though.

I forgot to mention that I might also switch out my low profile reefstar and go with a Lumenarc mini and still run a 250 w bulb. I have conversed with my lrc and think this move sounds good. I haven't ran SE bulbs before. I have a select a watt galaxy ballast and am looking to go SE instead of the DE I have now. Since I can choose how to run my ballast, I have freedom :D

And I leave that algae patch on the back glass for now. When I siphon I scrap some off with the siphon tube and always leave some to grow. The reasoning behind this is because I'm trying to feed my clowns more than average and the algae can feed off the excess nutrients, thereby growing. Then I come along and remove some along with the nutrients it stored.

Changed my light bulb and it's a heck of a lot brighter. I put a few layers of screening to shade it so things don't get sunburned. Went from a 14k Aquamax (I think) to a 10k Ushio.

I'm getting the feeling that the nem might split again. It's attaching to the left there, but the foot is still planted on the inside of that right wall. We will see, I guess.

004-9.jpg

001-16.jpg

After feeding picture of the hurricane...lol. It pigged out.

005-13.jpg

Sunset Monti

006-11.jpg

I suppose most of this green will eventually be coralline, when it gets around to it...

007-8.jpg

Great thread! I am also planning a 40 gallon breeder and reading what you are doing he is inspiring! Keep up with the updates :) .

Didn't realize that I didn't link my perplexed thread in my build thread.

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2189016

Clyde is still larger than Bonnie and they are still getting along, so together they will remain. If I have to separate them in the future, I will try to pair each with a picasso.

Also, as of this month the clowns have been together for 18 months :)

Back