404 errors for Newbie info post?

JohnnyReefNoob

No hurries = no worries.
I would really like to read the threads on the post about "If you are new, start here ..."

But getting 404 error messages. I got the impression from somewhere that this Forum has recently had a re-launch? Maybe some parts/posts/threads still need work?

I am definitely brand new to this Forum so kind of floundering like a carpet swimmer ... I could use all of the guidance I can get, and that post looks very promising.

I will keep trying periodically to access threads like "How to use Reef Central", and all the other interesting and probably vitally educational threads.

Can you please verify that the links work for you now.
Picked some at random - most worked. Some in the "Basic Chemistry Series" didn't. But thanks! Much to study, along with my fledgling Reef Library. Really believe time spent on Reef Central will be (almost) as gratifying as my build, stock, maintenance, and enjoyment of my own Reef.

Plenty to do while I plan, dream, take small steps, and wade in. Wondering about the value of going Premium. Have read some posts about problems with the process.

Can’t say too much about being a Premium Member as I haven’t had it long (but I’m sure it’s worth it) and not even sure how to do it on the new forum, but this is what you got in the old forum. I would imagine it’s similar:

As a premium member, you will receive the following benefits:

• The ability to create ReefCentral Blogs
  • Increased album picture size limits
  • Increased PM mailbox size. 500 vs 150
  • The ability to send private messages to users over their mailbox quota
  • Advanced boolean search capability
  • The ability to post events on the RC Calendar
  • The I support RC logo as part of your profile
  • Much more to come!
We will also be adding many new premium membership benefits over the next few months.
You will automatically receive all new benefits as they become available.

The cost of premium membership is $24 per year.
This is an annual subscription that will renew each year.

You must first be a logged in registered member to become a premium member. Please login to proceed.

The Reef Central user agreement still applies to premium members.
There will be no refunds for loss of membership due to user agreement violations.

Thank you for your support of Reef Central.

Thanks for the reply. Part of why I haven't gone Premium yet (being an "all in" type) is not being able to find where to sign up. I saw something saying it was on the Home Page, but didn't find it. Probably just me being at the bottom of the learning curve.

Being there I likely won't benefit much from Premium perks anyway. I am a few months yet from buying DT and gear, so no hurry, and permanently setting up RO/DI first to get water going is my planned entry. Cabinet to build, which means buying a saw and materials is first task.

Thanks for the reply. Part of why I haven't gone Premium yet (being an "all in" type) is not being able to find where to sign up. I saw something saying it was on the Home Page, but didn't find it. Probably just me being at the bottom of the learning curve.

Being there I likely won't benefit much from Premium perks anyway. I am a few months yet from buying DT and gear, so no hurry, and permanently setting up RO/DI first to get water going is my planned entry. Cabinet to build, which means buying a saw and materials is first task.
The switchover to this software was literally yesterday. There are likely still some loose ends to clean up.:)

Part of why I haven't gone Premium yet (being an "all in" type) is not being able to find where to sign up.
Please let me know if you encounter any problems.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20220413-123821_Chrome.jpg
    SmartSelect_20220413-123821_Chrome.jpg
    243.7 KB · Views: 1
Can’t say too much about being a Premium Member as I haven’t had it long (but I’m sure it’s worth it) and not even sure how to do it on the new forum, but this is what you got in the old forum. I would imagine it’s similar:

As a premium member, you will receive the following benefits:

• The ability to create ReefCentral Blogs
  • Increased album picture size limits
  • Increased PM mailbox size. 500 vs 150
  • The ability to send private messages to users over their mailbox quota
  • Advanced boolean search capability
  • The ability to post events on the RC Calendar
  • The I support RC logo as part of your profile
  • Much more to come!
We will also be adding many new premium membership benefits over the next few months.
You will automatically receive all new benefits as they become available.

The cost of premium membership is $24 per year.
This is an annual subscription that will renew each year.

You must first be a logged in registered member to become a premium member. Please login to proceed.

The Reef Central user agreement still applies to premium members.
There will be no refunds for loss of membership due to user agreement violations.

Thank you for your support of Reef Central.
This applied to the old software. I'll be making a new feature list soon. One really nice benefit that is currently active is the ability to use the media gallery to create personal photo albums with a 5 mb photo size limit.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20220413-124318_Chrome.jpg
    SmartSelect_20220413-124318_Chrome.jpg
    163.7 KB · Views: 2
Please let me know if you encounter any problems.
Thanks! I am in. I do like that I am helping to support the site, regardless of personal benefits or lack thereof (which is now on me, not on RC). Besides, I will probably save an exponentially significant amount of money in mistakes avoided through the advice and education offered and mined here. It is all good.

Thanks! I am in. I do like that I am helping to support the site, regardless of personal benefits or lack thereof (which is now on me, not on RC). Besides, I will probably save an exponentially significant amount of money in mistakes avoided through the advice and education offered and mined here. It is all good.
Thank you very much. Now i know it's working properly. I sincerely appreciate your support!

Back