40gal breeder setup

fishy21

I would love a sump and refug but don't have the area to set one up and can't make the room. So my last resort seems to be a canister filter for the 40gal breeder. I am wondering in your guys opinion what would you guys be more likely to pick for a 40gal breeder. And do any of you think that a hob refug would be worth adding to keep phytoplankton? Or would I be able to cycle the tank with phytoplankton and after the tank is fully cycled with enough live rock would it be able to sustain enough of the plankton to feed corals and some fish that feed on them?

Also what skimmer would be most efficient and what lighting would produce enough watts for me to keep any corals or anemones I wanted to house?

Look into the Octopus BH 100 or 1000 models they are a HOB. HOB fuge would work great but will compete for the space of the skimmer. You may need to put in a tunze 9005 in tank skimmer.

I have a BH-2000 and the small (13") CPR fuge hanging on the back of my 40B. They both fit with about 6 to 8 inches to spare. Enough space to hang a Phosban reactor.

what do you guys think I should run as lighting? I want to be able to grow anything I want coral wise and maybe a clam or 2

I have a 40 breeder and the Aqueon Proflex sump bellow. There's plenty of room with a standard stand.

Back