410 gal in wall build SW Florida

Incredible setup!
Can you tell me how your Qt tank is setup? What equipment do you have on it? Maybe I lost it here.

Good work!

very nice build!

Thank you.

Best looking setup on RC

Wow, thank you very much. I can only hope to achieve a tank that looks half as good as some of the tanks I have seen here.

Incredible setup!
Can you tell me how your Qt tank is setup? What equipment do you have on it? Maybe I lost it here.

Good work!

Both QT tanks are independent of each other and the main tank. Each one has an Emperor 400 BIO-wheel power filter and Coralife skimmer.

I have been having some issues with the sand in my tank blowing all over the place. I obviously used to fine of a sand and now it is causing issues with all of the flow I have in the tank. I was thinking of adding some heavier sand on top if it to try and keep it in place. Has anyone tried this and had any luck with it? Any suggestions as to how I can minimise the sandstorms?

I have been having some issues with the sand in my tank blowing all over the place. I obviously used to fine of a sand and now it is causing issues with all of the flow I have in the tank. I was thinking of adding some heavier sand on top if it to try and keep it in place. Has anyone tried this and had any luck with it? Any suggestions as to how I can minimise the sandstorms?

When I added/changed sand to my previous tank it was not a fun experience, you may want to remove some sand as well if you are going to do a mix of sands. It doesn't work like you think it will sand storms still occur. Potentially may have to reduce the flow in the tank which isn't always desirable.

One of the primary reasons I use Hawaiian Black is it has the largest grain without having to go to crushed coral which I am not a fan of at all.

Best of luck

When I added/changed sand to my previous tank it was not a fun experience, you may want to remove some sand as well if you are going to do a mix of sands. It doesn't work like you think it will sand storms still occur. Potentially may have to reduce the flow in the tank which isn't always desirable.

One of the primary reasons I use Hawaiian Black is it has the largest grain without having to go to crushed coral which I am not a fan of at all.

Best of luck

Thanks, not sure what I will do but reducing flow isn't an option. The tank will be mostly an SPS tank. I may just leave it. There is one spot where the sand has been moved and you can now see the tank bottom but other than that it's not too bad yet. We'll see....

Looking great, i love the progression! BTW, i was wondering and I don't remember if this was asked but, what do you dose in your quarantine tanks once a fish breaks out with ich or a disease? or do you just just treat them without any sign of disease?

Looking great, i love the progression! BTW, i was wondering and I don't remember if this was asked but, what do you dose in your quarantine tanks once a fish breaks out with ich or a disease? or do you just just treat them without any sign of disease?

I treat all fish in QT with Prazipro. If I see any signs of ick I will use Cupramine and keep them in QT for at least a month.

All that I can say is WOW!!!!! Absolutely gorgeous!!! And as I sat here and scrolled through the pics I just kept hearing "CHA CHING CHA CHING CHA CHING"!! God bless you Sir! I wish that I had that kind of scratch. Please keep the pictures coming. And best of luck!

Just an update of how some of the corals are doing and some new additions. Lost a few of the original colonies but everything else is doing great. Have gotten some pretty good growth going on several of the corals. I have been messing with my Radions trying to get the right combination of color and growth but it is still a work in progress.

_SGM1445.jpg

_SGM1447.jpg

_SGM1459.jpg

_SGM1464.jpg

_SGM1473.jpg

_SGM1474.jpg

_SGM1478.jpg

_SGM1479.jpg

Nice pickups you have there. Any reason you lost some frags/colonies?

A few didn't make it past shipping. The two small colonies I lost seemed to be okay for a couple of weeks and then just died off. I think they were both wild caught. Everything else is doing fine though.

Hey Steve,

I love your tank, and your style. I actually really like your wall color. Do you mind sharing that with me? You can PM me if you'd like so i don't derail your thread. I'm actually planning on moving to SW Florida as well, the Naples area and am starting to plan out a larger build similar to yours depending on the space. Love the tank so far.

Hey Steve,

I love your tank, and your style. I actually really like your wall color. Do you mind sharing that with me? You can PM me if you'd like so i don't derail your thread. I'm actually planning on moving to SW Florida as well, the Naples area and am starting to plan out a larger build similar to yours depending on the space. Love the tank so far.

Thank you, if you need help with planning anything out just let me know.

The paint color is Quiet Rain by Gliddon

This is simply stunning.

This would be my impossible to achieve dream tank

Thank you.

This tank set up is the true meaning of AWESOME! This is amazing.

Thanks!

Back