45g Rimless Cube Build!

I had one of their 25 cubs set up a good while and never had a problem. And I've also sold a tone of 25, 60, and 93's and haven't had a single one come back. To be honest over the years I've only has issues with deep blue tanks as far as them leaking from the start or blowing out

I had one of their 25 cubs set up a good while and never had a problem. And I've also sold a tone of 25, 60, and 93's and haven't had a single one come back. To be honest over the years I've only has issues with deep blue tanks as far as them leaking from the start or blowing out

Good to hear! Im getting a 60 cube while there sale is going on this month.

Sexy build! I just DIYed my 75gal. Was a long pain staking process but feel so much better now that it's done!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423966483.291906.jpg

Sexy build! I just DIYed my 75gal. Was a long pain staking process but feel so much better now that it's done!
View attachment 307724

Diggin your cabinet! I always wanted to have a display fuge set up just like that on my old 75. Only thing that kept me from doing it is I'd want it to look all clean all the time and that's not easy with a dsb :p

But I am thinking about something along the line of windows in my doors ;D. Will have to see how i can lay everything out when the sump comes in tomorrow

I would recommend black lids for the overflow. It will prevent algae from growing there. I actually have mine overhang about 1" over the intake teeth. This helps to prevent algae from getting stuck in the teeth and then growing from there. If you ever have a bad algae outbreak you could have an overflowing tank pretty quickly if you forget to clean the intake teeth.

I got the idea from my buddy who built his as well. His doesn't look bad but you can tell its "mature". So far mine has been a piece of cake but it's also only a month old. Siphoning the dsb is a pain but I'm working on a smaller tube to make it easier.

Yeah honestly that's my one and only complaint about the kit he built me. Usually they don't even come with lids, but I requested them. Just assumed they would be black. I also contacted him back asking I'd he could make me a black lid for the inner box and he said he would be just couldn't promiss that it would fit as well not having mone in hand. No big right now, if I have an issue down the road I'll look into it

Got my sump from Advanced Acrylics in today. I'm thoroughly impressed with the craftsmanship and attention to detail!

I had them keep everything white like on their standard modle except had them make my baffles red to go with all my vertex stuff . Also had a 3 hole probe holder added as well as a 4 hole dosing tube holder.

Made some more progress on the stand today. Had planned on being done by now but just been busy with other projects as well.

Top will be hinged for access.

Got the bottom cut to fit. Now just to add the inner wall on the right side for all the electronics.

The 5.0 is just a LITTLE tight... :p

I'm pretty sure this is how I'll lay everything out with access from the front and left doors.

Wow, the stand looks great, like the idea of enclosing the back of the overflow to hide the pipes, are you going to paint that end of the tank?

Thanks guys, i'm loving how clean its coming out! i'm actually debating on making the main center panel of the doors out of some acrylic and maybe add some red leds just cuz :p.

And yes, the the back of the tank will be painted black.

Fingers crossed that the Neptune shipment shows up tomorrow! It was shipped out Monday so id assume it will be here this week. Thennn Iv'e just got to wait on my two MP40w QD's and battery back up :thumbsup:.

Great setup. I actually checked out the seller on ebay that you got your overflow from because I liked how sleek it looked. The largest size he has for the inner overflow section is 18" though, what size is the one you purchased? I was planning on doing a full coast to coast on a 48" (75g) but I am dreading doing the fab'ing for the outer overflow box out of acrylic and welding it on to the tank myself. I have never done that before and am scared of it not being water tight. So this may end up being my route. I sent him a message.

Worse comes to worse, I can probably only use the outer box he sells and just use a coast to coast I make and have the best of both worlds?

Thanks again for the info.

Cool he's a great guy to deal with! I had him make mine 16" long and an extra 1/2" deeper from front to back on the inner box for easier cleaning as well as lids. It was about $160 shipped.

If I where you I'd just make your inner coast to coast out of glass and just cover it with some black acrylic after.

Back