45g Rimless Cube Build!

Cool he's a great guy to deal with! I had him make mine 16" long and an extra 1/2" deeper from front to back on the inner box for easier cleaning as well as lids. It was about $160 shipped.

If I where you I'd just make your inner coast to coast out of glass and just cover it with some black acrylic after.

Thanks. I actually have been talking to the guy back and forth and he is a really cool guy as you say. He is very accomodating. Please let me know how you like his product after some use :)

Almost all of my apex stuff showed up friday night :lol2:

I already have the base Apex unit and just picked up;

-Lab Grade PH Probe (my old one was not kept wet :debi:)

-Pm2 Conductivity Module

-Lab Grade Conductivity Probe

-Advanced Leak Detector Module

-Solid Surface Leak Detector

-Slim Line Leak Detector

-Break Out box (For ATO)

-WXM Module

Now just have to wait on the DOS dosers to get out of back order and my MP40w QD's

I know I'm loving it! They are very easy to work with and shipping was very quick. I should have taken unboxing pictures but i did it on my lunch break and already thew out the box. It's box was plenty big and the sump was wrapped multiple times in bubble wrap. They then filled the remaining voids with packing peanuts and had "fragile glass" written all over the box. Couldn't have asked for anything more. OH and did I mention shipping was FREE?!?!:thumbsup:

Check out what they just put up on their website after I asked to have mine built like that. You really can't go wrong with them!

http://advancedacrylics.com/collect...6-48x16x16-white-sump-ato-combo-setup-7-sizes

Last edited:
Have the next two days off and I'm hoping to get the cabinet stained and everything plumbed up!

Last edited:
Oh yeah almost forgot! I picked up these incredibly bright linkable LED's from Lowes. Two 24" strips will be in the main sump area and one 18" strip in the electronics side. I'm waiting on my magnetic door/window "security strips" to come in yet. The plan is to wire them into my Apex's break out Box and the LED's will automatically turn on and off when the doors are opened and closed.

Installed a few cord grommets in side wall as well as two in the wall for my network cable for the Apex.

Figured out a way to mount everything and hide all the ugly mess of cords too!

Im digging how it turned out! The open space on the bottom right is reserved for 2 MP40 controllers.

This is ONLY all the aqua bus cables....

AND WALLAAA! Oh and the panel is just held on with some heavy duty velcrow so easily removable if needed.

Painted the back and bottom black with.......

Yeah I went there! Lol yes spray on bed liner :confused2: Cant stand how normal paint always seems to end up getting scratched off when doing the final tank install.. I say this from experience of doing so on wayyyy to many customers tanks and It always drove me nuts, so I figured why not.

Got my ghetto light hanger up.

Maze of plumbing is finally complete

Time for water!

Thanks man! I'd say i almost have as much time in the plumbing as i do the framing of the stand... I'm way too OCD sometimes

Got my 2 MP40 QD's in today! :D. Now just letting the tank do its thing and ride for a few more weeks before I do my first change and start to add coral.

Awesome setup so far!! I just got a marineland 60 cube and I'm thinking of doing a similar setup. Would you recommend the inner box be 2" like you ordered? I couldn't tell in the pics, but what size and how many returns do you have? How wide is the opening in the top for the plumbing and how deep is the electrical side compartment?

Awesome setup so far!! I just got a marineland 60 cube and I'm thinking of doing a similar setup. Would you recommend the inner box be 2" like you ordered? I couldn't tell in the pics, but what size and how many returns do you have? How wide is the opening in the top for the plumbing and how deep is the electrical side compartment?

Yes having the inner box 1.5"-2" makes it much easier it clean. I have 2 returns both 3/4". The Opening in the top is 16"/4", and I used 1/6's for the frame, so the electrical compartment is about 5" deep.

Hope that helps!

Thanks guys.

Added my first frags a few nights ago, pics to come!

- AA Chameleon Stag

- Tyree Mr. Pacman Acro

- Tyree Red Dragon Acro

- ORA Red Planet Acro

- ORA Hawkins Blue Echinata

- ORA Tri-Color Valida

- ORA Bali Green Slimer

- Palmers Blue Milli

Back